Crash! Bang! Wallop! (Working Title)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Crash! Bang! Wallop! (Working Title)

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Hmm..... regarding stretch goals, is there any way to possible involve backers in the creative process or in the work or do a custom work using your skills?

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:31 am

Mmm. possibly...

One of the rewards planned is a 'naming webinar' where the composer and I will talk to backers about the creative process and come up with a 'name' for the piece - I will explore with my team, how we can get more people involved,

Cheers,

Andy
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,

Been working on the video aspect which I have read is very important - I am trying to get a professional company to do it for free - we are after all a charity!!!

I am not a film maker, but I know that I have to give the video guys a creative brief - this is my effort, but I am sure that they will come up with something much more creative!!

Comment or criticism welcome,

Cheers
    Andy

Video Brief

2 minutes 30s – with Alexander Ragtime Band from Titanic playing gently over the top when no video footage is playing!

Opening Titles

“Hi,

I am Andy Sinclair, co-founder of The People's Orchestra.”

To Camera – maybe on the Town Hall Stage

“In December 2013, we did a live performance to a screening of the film 'The Snowman'.”

Snowman Visuals – walking in the air song – footage from concert

Voiceover -
    “We had and audience of over 600 and it turned out that a lot of families had never seen an orchestra before, so we did an impromptu introduction to musical instruments and the kids loved it.”

Pictures of Musical Instruments or video of cute kids looking confused

“So we thought – for the 2014 concert why not play a piece that introduces musical instruments? there is an excellent composition The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra by Britten – but it is very classical and the orchestra primarily plays more upbeat Film music.”

Posh Orchestra Playing Britten – Our Orchestra playing Pirates of the Caribbean

“So we had a great idea!”

Lightbulb Images

“Why not get someone to compose our own?”

Musical notes coming off a page - moving image

“And we already knew someone who might help; Bafta & Emmy Award-winning Composer, Conductor, Arranger, Saxophonist - ?

- Picture Montage

“The people that ? has played with or worked with reads like a who's who of Music & Film, but here are a few highlights”

A mash-up of pictures and video - Van Morrison / Jimi Hendrix / Bob Marley / Hot Chocolate / Tina Turner / Amy Winehouse / Rod Stewart / Monty Python – always look on the bright side of life / GoldenEye / Richard Gere / Titanic / Ridley Scott / George Michael / Prada / Levi 501 / Bjork / Little Voice / Renault Va Va Voom

“Can you help and ensure that The People's Orchestra are added to that illustrious list”

Picture montage of our players

“There is loads of information about the project, the orchestra and ? below, but basically we need your help to raise £15.000 pounds, so that we can commission ? to write this new piece and conduct at the premiere on Sunday 7th December 2014.

To camera

“Please support our project – Its a great story - a major musical talent, a community amateur orchestra and even cute kids!”

Picture montage

“Please help us by pledging your support today and thank you from all our volunteers and players”

To camera, but interspersed with orchestra pictures

Closing Titles
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi,

I am finally happy with the rewards list, well I say finally, looking for feedback so all that could change.

Best wishes,

Andy

The People's Orchestra Screensaver

(£2, c$3.50)
    Yet do be designed, but probably a picture of the orchestra with a 'Thank You'.

Personal Thank you Video
    (£7, c$11.75)
    A personal vote of thanks from an orchestra member with a little bit of music as well
    i.e. trumpet fanfare followed by, 'Hi we are Kate & Gary, trumpet players with The People's Orchestra and we would like to thank you, Jayne, for supporting us! Thanks!"

Sneak Preview & Personal Thank You Video
    (£9, c$15.25)
    20 second video snippet from an orchestra rehearsal of the new piece plus the thanks video.

Composer's Music Download
    (£18, c$30.50)
    The composer has worked on Titanic & Bond's GoldenEye, plus a host of other films and is producing a music download of his compositions.

Naming Webinar with the Composer

(£35, c$59.25)
    An hour-long webinar with the composer, your chance to learn about the creative thought processes and influence the title of the composition.

Signed Personalised Score - Earlybird (5 days only)
    (£50, $84.75)
    Aimed primarily at the orchestra members to get the initial boost to the campaign - a complete score of the piece, signed by the composer with your own personalised message and (photo if you like).

Signed Personalised Score

(£70, $118.50)
    Aimed primarily at the orchestra members to get the initial boost to the campaign - a complete score of the piece, signed by the composer with your own personalised message and (photo if you like).

Champagne Reception at the Premiere

(£80, c$135.40)
    Meet the composer at the premiere on December 7th - enjoy champagne and nibbles, before sitting back to enjoy the concert (Ticket & signed programme included).

Engraved Conductor's Baton (1 of 1)

(£250, c$423.25)
    The composer will conduct the premiere with a special baton produced for the event.

Dinner with the Composer (8 max)
    (£750, c$1269.50)
    A night to remember, Dinner in one of London's most prestigious restaurants with the composer - your opportunity to quiz him about his life and his famous friends - Jimi Hendrix, Amy Winehouse, The Monty Python crew, George Harrison, Salman Rushdie, James Cameron, Sir Ridley Scott et al. (All food & Drink included)

The Pop-up Orchestra (England & Wales only)

(£1500, $2539)
    Got a special event? Wedding, big birthday, special anniversary? Then you could have The People's Orchestra for a snip - an hour of film and show music for you and your guests to enjoy (Travel included - but may need to hire staging and chairs)

(£1500, $2539.00)
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 am

Hi,

Filming starts today......

Been to get a haircut, cleanly shaved, threads pressed, nails trimmed, shoes shined..... I am ready to smash it :D

Looking forward to it - will post the finished version somewhere for comment in a few weeks time - today is just the too camera bits and pieces and voice-overs - lots more post production work is required.

Cheers,

Andy
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi,

Filming was surreal - our offices are in a Town Hall -with a fabulous stage, great architecture and an fantastic (huge) organ - no, knob jokes, please! it is usually deserted, but not yesterday..... every shot was interrupted by workmen or people wandered to the loo!

May have to re-shoot Wednesday but it was quite fun, but if I have to say (to camera) "And then we had a great idea" one more time, I may go mad,

Cheers,

Andy
  • KodiBag
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KodiBag » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:34 am

@ Andy_Sinclair What are the icons that you refer to for repeat backers?
    2-in-1 Kodi Bag Consolidate two bags into one. Great for Travel, Moms, and Work. Check it out!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... s-into-one
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:16 am

@ KodiBag if you look at a funded project and look at the list of backers - often there is no picture, but some backers have a picture (icon).

Greg mentioned that some repeat backers change that Icon to the latest project that they are supporting - I guess there is a community within the overall kickstarter community of frequent backers.

By making an icon available it may help that you can tap into that community.

Cheers,

Andy
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 am

Hi,

The filming last week was on reflection a disaster.......

We were time-limited and there were constant interruptions, by people wandering around or doors slamming shut!

We had a re-shoot this morning and the initial footage looks excellent.

I was so stiff on the original shoot, but we had more time and I really relaxed into the filming and some of my (fantastic - ha!) personality came across.

I am away on holiday, whilst the editing takes place, but I am really looking forward to see a rough-cut when I return.

I suppose the moral is - give yourself enough time!!

Cheers,

Andy
  • KodiBag
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KodiBag » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 pm

@Andy

Oh that is cool! Thanks for letting me know about that. Where and how do you offer the icon? I tried to google it, but could not find anything...
    2-in-1 Kodi Bag Consolidate two bags into one. Great for Travel, Moms, and Work. Check it out!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... s-into-one