Hello World :) Here's my story
  • mickeystevens93
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hello World :) Here's my story

by mickeystevens93 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Hey everyone! :) I have been offered an amazing internship in England getting to go to school there and work with huge advertising and design agencies in London. I am a little short and have been saving up for a very long time to be able to do this! I am so close to my goal guys yet so far away. I was so lucky to get to study abroad last year and because of that it has opened so many more doors for me, including this one. With a lot of prayer and faith, I know this is an opportunity I cannot pass up. Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone's project. :)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/24 ... udy-abroad

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello World :) Here's my story

by sbriggman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Would recommend creating a video for your project and breaking up your blocks of text with headlines like "What the funds will be used for" "Who am I?" etc.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • SalvagedStudio
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SalvagedStudio » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Good luck with your campaign! I also suggest coming up with rewards other than thank you emails. Even if you're not a maker /creator, you could invest in handmade cards for handwritten thank you's, or a photo book of your travels abroad, etc.

Best,
    Rachael
    Best,
    Rachael B. Winkley
    Salvaged Studio - modern jewelry handcrafted from vintage objects

http://bit.ly/salvagedstudiokickstarter
    www.salvagedstudio.com
    DavyWagnarok
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DavyWagnarok » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:56 pm

I agree with the rest of the people when they suggest that you make your KS feel more like an event, rather than a "please send me a hand-out." I know what it's like to be in your situation. I have $20,000 student debt and nothing but a piece of paper to show for it. I live in a podunk desert gas-up-and-go town that offers very little career choices. Both my girlfriend and I have college degrees that do not help us get ahead at life.

This is why I've reached out to Kicktstarter with my game. I want to use the funds generated there to solidify my presence as a would-be game designer. But the difference between my project and yours is that I'm giving the backers something in return: a game, rewards, and more.

Honestly, if you don't change the tune of your project, Kickstarter might suspend you. You are border-lining on charity, which goes against some of their guidelines. Think of clever ways to give something back to the people; post cards, wallets, thank you cards, etc. Do your homework on this and account for shipping. Or learn about how you can offer interesting digital rewards.

Good luck out there!
  • FranklinTirado
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FranklinTirado » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:53 am

Best of luck for your campaign buddy. Nice to hear your progress through this site. I am new to this site, but I will definitely grow with the help of this site. Here is my new project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... voice-acti
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Your KickStarter page says, and I quote, " I have always been an artist and always will be! I want to use my work to make a difference in our world. "

Yet, your KickStarter page doesn't yield any evidence of that.

You have an artistic portfolio online, albeit a fairly small one, on your website. But, again, your KickStarter page isn't where any of your art is found.

But, your project page mentions it.

1 + 1 = 0

You have one big lump of text. Make that easier to chew, by breaking it into smaller paragraphs. People will be less apprehensive about sampling what you have to say, that way.

You're young. At a bare minimum, display your youth, put your youthful vigor on display. Remember that photography section of your online artistic portfolio? Yet, your KickStarter page is a visual desert, virtually bereft of visual life.

Your KickStarter page needs visual jumpstarting.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2