Any tips on Increasing Traffic?
  • TheGrillCanopy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Any tips on Increasing Traffic?

by TheGrillCanopy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

For the first few days of our campaign we had a great response. It seems that we are no longer getting traffic to our page which is creating a slump in the pledges. Any success stories on driving outside traffic to kickstarter (most of our pledges were found via Kickstarter dicovery and popular).
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ing-system

also has anyone found social media advertising that is reliable and works? I have had lots of trolls contact me on twitter but I'm not sure that is the right way to go.

• giantpanda
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Any tips on Increasing Traffic?

by giantpanda » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 pm

You could try a press release on PR Web. Opinions vary on how much it helps but it certainly has the potential to help get the word out. There are coupons online to save 50%
    My Kickstarter about Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell - http://kck.st/1ysB9VV
    Magnus
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Any tips on Increasing Traffic?

by Magnus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 am

giantpanda wrote:You could try a press release on PR Web. Opinions vary on how much it helps but it certainly has the potential to help get the word out. There are coupons online to save 50%

I did PRWeb press release for my second Kickstarter campaign and it had zero effect on pledges.

I tracked the links, setup Google Alerts and a couple of others things and the only results I saw were one or two "auto-blogs" (blogs that run automatically and pull in posts from other blogs and regurgitate articles) repeating the release.

$300 for the press release and $60 having it written by someone on Odesk.

I put it down as yet another "learning experience"... :D

P.S. I'm pretty confident I know the reasons it "didn't work" ...but don't want to sidetrack the thread (so I'll perhaps create a thread about it later).
    Read: Confessions of a Serial Crowdfunder Thread.

Titanium Pen *LIVE* On Kickstarter Right Now --> Click Here.