Hi, I'm Juan Solorzano - Alice of Wonderland Playing Cards
  • Sketch2Draw
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hi, I'm Juan Solorzano - Alice of Wonderland Playing Cards

by Sketch2Draw » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself on this forum and say "HI".

I have launched my first Kickstarter project - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jsolorzanoarts/alice-of-wonderland-playing-cards-printed-by-uspcc - and it has been a lot of hard work, but it's worth it. I am learning a lot in the short time span I have to run my project and create all of the art that needs to be done. I am passionate about what I am doing, and I'm grateful for all of the supporters out there that are backing my project. I try to reply to every message and comment right away and I enjoy engaging my backers on a daily basis. They give me the energy I need to push on! So if you're a backer, I want to say Thank You for your pledge!!

A little background about me: I'm an artist and have always drawn since I was little, about 5 years of age. I've had many different types of jobs, but my dream is to make my passion, which is art and writing, into my full-time career day job. In order to pursue this dream, I am already taking steps to just get out there and start doing what I wanted to do for a long time. I live in Virginia where the weather get a little ridiculous. I like to work in my digital painting programs like Corel Painter and Adobe Illustrator, and I use Adobe Photoshop mostly for editing.

Here is an image of my Alice that has gone over well with the Steampunk community. A Steampunk Wonderland is what my vision is about.
    Attachments
    Alice of Wonderland: She's a little older and steampunky!
    Alice of Wonderland: She's a little older and steampunky!
    Alice_Sepia_Portrait_FB.jpg (223.4 KiB) Viewed 1430 times

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hi, I'm Juan Solorzano - Alice of Wonderland Playing Car

by sbriggman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Juan,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you make some good contacts here. That's awesome about your mission to turn your passion into a full time job. Your Alice in Wonderland portrait is beautiful. How's the campaign going so far? Do you think you will reach your fundraising goal?

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.