Ma'mitons: Fashion From The Forests Of Cameroon To Your Home
    admin
    Site Admin

Ma'mitons: Fashion From The Forests Of Cameroon To Your Home

by admin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Special thanks to pris for being the second member to complete our VIP section challenge.

I've backed the 'Ma'mitons: Fashion From The Forests Of Cameroon To Your Home' campaign and think it's an awesome cause!

Unique and Eco-friendly handbags, sandals & accessories. Designed in Washington DC, handmade by artisans from Cameroon. Lets create more jobs in Africa!

The Ma’mitons Story

Ma’mitons connects people to nature with fashionable, handmade and environmentally-friendly products. Each product is hand-crafted by a Cameroonian artisan with natural materials, love and care. There is more to this than just creating beautiful fashion. As the designer and founder of Ma’mitons and a native of Cameroon, I want to connect my culture to the rest of the world with my unique designs, while preserving the environment by using natural resources and the know-how of Cameroonian artisans.

My roots are a deep part of Ma’mitons designs. In fact, my company’s name is an affectionate nickname given to me by my family in the memory of my great grandmother.

Ma’mitons is about global consciousness, social responsibility and ethical awareness. The artisans I have carefully selected from all over Cameroon use their craftsmanship to give life to my unique designs. They are given the opportunity to use their skills, and they are fairly paid for their work. Together, we create incredible fashion that combines traditional techniques and modern designs. Wearing Ma’mitons makes a statement for you and about you.

Ma’mitons products are made with leaves called raffia that come from palm trees that grow naturally in the forests of Cameroon. Raffia is naturally very soft and durable, which makes our products soft and durable as well. Raffia is a versatile natural resource that has many uses. It is commonly used in the area of textiles and in construction. My great grandmother used raffia to build her hut and make her own wine. We make sure every step of our manufacturing process is non-detrimental to the environment.

I am dedicated to giving back. One way Ma’mitons does this is by donating a percentage of our sales to SOS Children's Villages, the world's largest charity dedicated to building families and communities for orphaned, abandoned and foster children. SOS Children's Villages supports over 500 Villages in 133 countries.

Ma’mitons currently has a line of handbags and I'm crowdfunding to raise the money to launch my recently designed line of sandals and accessories.

Ma’mitons main goals:

1. Provide you with unique, beautiful, fashionable, handmade products;

2. Help protect the environment;

3. Create more jobs to help the artisans improve their economic status.

I cannot do this alone. Please help me spread the word and share this project everywhere!

-- Priscilla Njankou, Ma’mitons designer and founder.

• SalvagedStudio
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Ma'mitons: Fashion From The Forests Of Cameroon To Your

by SalvagedStudio » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Wow, what a fantastic project, mission and product! I wish you all the success in the world, Priscilla!

Best,
    Rachael at Salvaged Studio

http://bit.ly/salvagedstudiokickstarter
    Best,
    Rachael B. Winkley
    Salvaged Studio - modern jewelry handcrafted from vintage objects

http://bit.ly/salvagedstudiokickstarter
    www.salvagedstudio.com
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:51 am

where's the link to Ma'mitons? Also -the youtube vid is not linked to your campaign, but it did remind me that I"ve not done that on my youtube page!
  • meissnerk127
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by meissnerk127 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 am

This is AWESOME, will totally share. Good luck
  • Bojankacarski
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Bojankacarski » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:47 pm

will share as well it looks great
  • themusicchamber
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by themusicchamber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:39 am

I think yours is a good campaign as it is flexible and you will get at-least something for your work. I will also prefer flexible campaigns rather than fixed where you may not get anything after a long struggle.