Hi, I'm Jesse. Director of 'god, grant me'
  • godgrantme
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hi, I'm Jesse. Director of 'god, grant me'

by godgrantme » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello everyone! It's great to see such an awesome community here of crowdsourcing fanatics.

Well, I guess this is where I introduce myself. My name is Jesse McGiness, I am 20 and live in Lawrence, KS. I am an aspiring filmmaker and I am working on my first feature length film, 'god, grant me'.

The story focuses on Lea and Silus, two 20-somethings going through very different yet paralleled challenging times. Lea is a pill addict who was recently broken up with due to the addiction while Silus is recently in remission from colon cancer and struggles to recover from his apathetic mindset. They meet at a cancer support group, where Lea accidentally walked into while attempting to go to her first Narcotics Anonymous meeting. The message of the film deals closely with 1) how our often cinematic-expectations result in awkward realities and 2) that we, as people, cannot grow personally without human connection.

We just launched our Kickstarter for the project.

Here is not where I tell you to give me money. Here is where I ask you to check out the page because I think we have gone about crowdfunding in a different way. See, our story focuses on community (much like this one) and without that community, there would be no self-actualizaion because we believe that your close relationships are a better mirror than you could ever be.

See, Kickstarter embodies that fact. We didn't just run a campaign because we wanted money, we ran a campaign because we wanted people to take part in the creation of this film. Sort of, by the viewers, about the viewers and for the viewers. So, please. go check it out at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jessemcginness/god-grant-me-a-feature-length-independent-film and tell me what you think!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hi, I'm Jesse. Director of 'god, grant me'

by sbriggman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi Jesse,

Welcome to the Forum! I like the plot of the film - reminds me of the concept of serendipity and how fortunate random moments can sometimes lead to great things in life. I also like your outlook on raising money on Kickstarter. Too many people see it as a monetary transaction (getting money for your project), rather than co-creation. I'll check out your campaign!

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • godgrantme
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by godgrantme » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks Sal! We are trying to reach as many people as possible so if you like the campaign, please share it! Thanks again.

-Jesse

P.S I LOVE CrowdCrux. Such a great crowdfunding resource.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:41 am

Thank you :). I'll tweet it out on my personal twitter @sbriggman. I have a small giveaway I'm doing next week (first time) as sort of a KickingItForward idea. Might do it weekly if it goes well. Stay tuned.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • godgrantme
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by godgrantme » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:50 am

Thanks yet again Sal! We are actually going to submit our press release to your site! Thanks for the tweet :)