Future of 'Fast Food'
  • ChuiceMD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Future of 'Fast Food'

by ChuiceMD » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:18 am

Hello Kickstarter Forum. I'm a pediatric emergency room doctor in Atlanta. I'm also the CEO for a start-up that makes a product called Chuice. Chuice is the word's first chewable juice (chuice.com). Given the growing problem with childhood obesity I've witnessed in the past 12 years during my 'day job', I became interested in this product invented by my friend (and trainer), Ladell Hill.

Our society is faced with a nutritional dilemma: We consume low quality foods in high quantity. We do this because we love convenience, and eating healthy is often just 'inconvenient'.

Chuice changes all that. It is unbelievably healthy, delicious, fresh and convenient. Please take the time to watch our video and read about our project. I strongly believe that we can make America healthier by making high quality nutrition popular, through our product. We got a great nod from CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently on twitter.

http://kck.st/15nSVc3

We just need help getting our campaign to grow some legs.

Thanks,

Sujit Sharma MD

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Future of 'Fast Food'

by sbriggman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Sujit,

You have a very well-designed video. I like the story and I like the call to action. One idea as to why you guys have seemed to seemed to not taken off (though still 18 days left to go!), is the first thing I think of when I saw the video was: Not sure if this is going to be good or not. Seems like it would be kind of weird (texture).

It's obviously hard to do anything like free-samples through Kickstarter, but the fact that I'm not familiar with the product (not just another juice experience), makes me a little wary as to whether or not I would actually like it.

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ChuiceMD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ChuiceMD » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Sal. We did have a fan reacting to it in the original video, but they asked us to take it out (kickstarter) because they felt that she was also describing the health benefits.

I tried to reference our facebook following and the reactions people are having everywhere, including the local TV spots we've gotten.

Any other thoughts on how to overcome that hurdle? I'm reaching out now to some local crowdfunding groups (which I should have done before). If you think there is any video of people trying it for the first time that I can load or something, I could do that.

Appreciated,

Sujit
  • ChuiceMD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ChuiceMD » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 am

Perhaps a guarantee to refund people if they truly don't think it tastes much better than it looks.....?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Those are all good ideas. I like the idea of videotaping people who try it for the first time!
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • NinaGood
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by NinaGood » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:24 pm

Interesting prognosis, I am sure fast food industry and its popularity will only grow. Moreover, food delivery business becomes more and more demanded day by day; whenever I am hungry I just use favor delivery customer service and my hunger issues are usually get solved very quickly.