What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • ElizaLeahy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by ElizaLeahy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:48 am

I'm on a disability pension, but I do what I can to put money into the householding! I was one of the first web designers in Australia - I had to tell people what the internet was before I could tell them what I did! Boy that makes me feel old! Now, of course, my web skills are way out of date.

I'm studying singing, hope to become a singing teacher as well as singing at concerts whenever I can.

And I sew - which brings me to my kickstart. My passion at the moment is sewing for children in 3rd world orphanages and I have a personal project to make 100 dresses, plus t shirts, plus shorts, plus blankets and tote bags. I need the money to post them - postage is the killer! Fortunately I only have to post within my own country and the charity takes care of it after that. I checked with kickstart before I started, because they don't allow charities, but because it's a project with an end product they allowed it! (Thanks kickstart!)

Eliza Leahy - Sunshine Coast, Australia
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... 00-dresses

• bunnycam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bunnycam » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:51 am

Glad to be here. I am a software engineer, and working on a vision technology (camera board development) on the side :D
  • CocktailTales
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CocktailTales » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:28 am

Hey,
    First time on this forum. Glad to be part of this community.
    I'm Charlotte and I'm working on my first Kickstarter Campaign .
    With my partner Raphael, we're making the cocktail revolution. The B4rm4n project is still in development and our Kickstarter campaign is scheduled in late September 2014.
    It's a connected shaker : now you'll be the cocktail superhero!

And It's my day job! We are working on this project for nine months.
    Before we had a mobile development company (iOS Apps). And My partner is also my husband :P

My passions: my work (It's so awesome to develop its own projects),
    homemade preparations -> drink (specially cocktails) and -> food.
    I am also very interested in Internet of Things.
    (You've probably noticed that I was French: sorry my english is not perfect)
    The cocktail revolution has begun. Soon on Kickstarter!
    http://www.facebook.com/b4rm4n
    @TheB4RM4N
    twinpanzeebrewingco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by twinpanzeebrewingco » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Day Job:
    I'm an IT developer that builds some snazzy stuff for various clients. I actually enjoy my job and am lucky to be employed, but my dream is to make my passion project a reality.

Passion Project:
    I have been dreaming and working hard for over a year to start up a small nano-brewery. My wife and I are self-funding and are doing our best to start up our brewery w/o investors. Any help or guidance you folks can provide would be most appreciated.

In fact, our Kickstarter project just went live and we'd love any help you can provide:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fatdaddy/twinpanzee-brewing-co-a-family-owned-nano-brewery
    Help us bring our family owned nano-brewery to Fairfax County, VA!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fatdaddy/twinpanzee-brewing-co-a-family-owned-nano-brewery

Thanks!
  • radiantatmospheres
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by radiantatmospheres » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 pm

What is your day job?

My bread and butter is a freelance set lighting technician. This means i am responsible for the "Lights" part in "Lights, camera, action" on a movie set. I am also a stagehand through the I.A.T.S.E Local 16 union in San Francisco, CA.

My passion?

Filmmaking and photography. I still shoot black and white film, and i am currently directing my first feature length documentary, titled Radiant Atmospheres, A Documentary.
  • dizeimage
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dizeimage » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:54 pm

I am a full time artist. I teach art in after care centers & I also curate & create art events in Palm Beach County.
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi,

Just taking time to introduce myself to the forum.

I am Andy Sinclair and my day job is that of a Marketing Consultant. One of my current projects is The People's Orchestra, a community orchestra of 60+ musicians based in the UK. We started from scratch in 2012 with 1 player and no funds!

The orchestra has just got the agreement of a Grammy award winning film composer to compose a new piece of music for us - and we are looking at a Kickstarter project starting in September to fund the composition.

I have found Sal's site to be very informative and as a thank you will contribute, as best as possible, to the forum. I will start a blog on here (once I have reached 3 posts) to update members on progress and the marketing strategy that I intend to use,

Cheers,

Andy
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:20 pm

What is your day job?
    I make 90% of my living typing out transcripts for private/corporate clients in Toronto. I have a steady client base, but it can get a bit mind-numbing.

What is your passion project?
    I am a novelist at heart, and I will set up a Kickstarter to self-publish my first novel, that campaign is set to run in September. In the meantime, I have a lot of fun interviewing musicians for Auxiliary Magazine.
  • moxie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by moxie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:13 am

My day job is teaching English in China. I've been teaching abroad for the past 5 years, in different locations. I take a lot of joy in being able to share my experiences with others.
    My passion, though, is being on the other end - learning. I love learning. My favorite subjects are history and sciences. I just posted a kickstarter to help fund an intense research/writing project I want to begin. Wish me luck, from what I'm reading, it may be a difficult 30 days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... ough-china
  • knightwatch
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by knightwatch » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm a CPA that lost his mind and decided to work on a startup first nights and weekends then full time. Been chasing the dream. Trying to build a consumer electronics brand that would be compete with the big brand names. I must be crazy.