Starting from scratch! Fibbers!
  • CreativDave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Starting from scratch! Fibbers!

by CreativDave » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:18 am

Hi
    After eight successful Kickstarter campaigns for my partners business, Peblsrock, I've finally made the jump and opened my own account to launch my first deck of cards, Fibbers. It's weird having to jump through all of the hoops once more to launch, but it seems much smoother than when we first joined.
    Anyway - Launch date is July 21st, if it's good enough for Aldrin to walk on the moon, or Donald Campbell to break a land speed record then I figured it must be an auspicious date to use. Funny how superstitious we can all become when choosing a launch date!

My ambition is merely to try out a new arena for me, not the graphics, nor playing cards - i've been doing both for quite a while but always for other people. My big step is doing this for myself and in doing so, taking things to a new level, such as designing a 56 card deck, to enable use of the Fibonacci sequence in an all new game (1,1,2,3,5,8,13 for the uninitiated). I've also ditched the traditional pips, and court cards, although the deck still names them so as to allow for playing any regular card game. Also, the red/black suits are replaced with the same day/night format but using the colours Greenery and Sam Marino.
    I've set a modest target figure - in playing card terms of course - and have no great plans to mass produce these decks but rather to appeal to collectors of unusual decks, maths geeks, rabbit lovers and Kickstarter fans. Some or all of these ideas may not work of course, but there's only one way to find out.
    Do take a look if you can and i'm open to any helpful suggestions.
    https://kickstarter.com/projects/creati ... -bit-more