Ritot smartwatch Scam Alert?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Ritot smartwatch Scam Alert?

by sbriggman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:08 pm

The Ritot smartwatch is supposed to be a tiny smart bracelet that packs a projector capable of displaying information on the user’s hand. However, there’s no functional prototype for the device at this time. More disturbingly, the team behind Ritot lied about its location and team members’ names when starting the campaign, apparently pretending to be U.S.-based instead of acknowledging they’re from Ukraine.

Read the full article here.

So far it's at $760,000+ and over 4,000 backers. It's not clear whether or not it's a scam, but they haven't been suspended yet. What do you guys think?

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    flashww
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Ritot smartwatch Scam Alert?

by flashww » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Think i saw this project and if i had a spare £78 i would have invested, even though i don't even wear a watch, still the video concept was awesome.

i hope for tech freaks everywhere its not a scam and the project is viable and get though production.
    Help promote Welsh film production, and get your name in credits awesome as awesome merch, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... f=kicktraq
    Inventalator
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Inventalator » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 pm

I remember coming across this initially when they had just hit 100% and thought it looked great but couldn't figure out how they were possibly going to keep that projection angle coorelated to hand position. They're still actively responding to people so I wouldn't throw "scam" out there yet but the US/Ukraine location issue is a bit of a red-ish flag.
    Inventalator.com - Crowd Intelligence Platform for Product Development

Click here and use access code - kickstarterforum - to join our community instantly!
  • MOCCI
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MOCCI » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Maybe it just seems sketchy because they are developers from Ukraine launching a product on kickstarter, which is meant for US only? If this is the case, good for them. I'm sure they've developed a working prototype over in the Ukraine.
    MOCCI | 3D Printed Jewelry http://kck.st/1pHc97m