Kickstarter's 1 year anniversary in Canada.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Kickstarter's 1 year anniversary in Canada.

by sbriggman » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:21 pm

One year, 3,650 projects, 239,591 backers, and $24 million in pledges.

That’s the story of Kickstarter’s first year in Canada. Launched in the U.S. in 2009, the popular crowdfunding platform made itself available to Canuck fund-seekers on Sept. 9, 2013. Since then, the site has helped fund an average of 10 Canadian projects per day, ranging from a Corner Gas reboot to a high-tech hockey stick.

“When we launched… we were available to anyone in the world in terms of backers, and early on, Canada turned out to be a very active place where people were pledging money from,” said Kickstarter spokesperson Justin Kazmark. “And Canada has a significant creative population, so expanding there was a natural fit.”

Read more of the article here.

So far, the most funded canadian Kickstarter campaign raised $820,000 with a $100,000 goal and is the Vanhawks Valour | First ever connected carbon fibre bicycle.

Curious to see how Fundrazr (canadian crowdfunding platform) competes in the coming years with Kickstarter. Seems like Fundrazr is leaning towards more of personal cause projects, kind of like gofundme.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    dylanmad

Re: Kickstarter's 1 year anniversary in Canada.

by dylanmad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Well, I'm glad they sorted the Canadian credit card issue from way back--it was holding back my patronage. And now I must be one of the creators of those statistically-numbered campaigns, having just squeaked in there in time.
    nixiart

Re: Kickstarter's 1 year anniversary in Canada.

by nixiart » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Go Canada go!