Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
  • squeezoid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I'm thinking of creating a landing page before going to KS

by squeezoid » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:29 pm

I'm thinking of creating a landing page before going to kickstarter, and collect as many subscribers as I can.

1. Does anyone have any rough idea on email subscriber to kickstarter backer conversion rate?
    2. Should I allow pre-order on the landing page?
    3. Does it make sense to have a checkbox and ask if subscriber is willing to participate in surveys about the product?

Thank you

Squeezoid Fidget - a whole new breed of fidget spinner
    CoolBacker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by CoolBacker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:46 pm

As I'm sure you've heard, creating a landing page and building an email list early is a great idea.

1. It totally depends on what your project is and the minimum pledge levels, but expect less than 10% unless you're tapping into an existing backer pool.
    2. You want to have a clear purpose for your landing page - is it to let people know about the eventual launch of your KS campaign, or pre-order a product? Both of things together would be too much for a single page.
    3. I wouldn't bother with a checkbox. It's a given that if they subscribe you're going to contact them anyway and they shouldn't be surprised if you send a survey in an email blast.

Good luck! :)
    Showcasing the coolest Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects at CoolBacker.com
  • squeezoid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by squeezoid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 pm

CoolBacker wrote:2. You want to have a clear purpose for your landing page - is it to let people know about the eventual launch of your KS campaign, or pre-order a product? Both of things together would be too much for a single page.

Hi, thank you for the answer! Which one would you suggest - pre-order or KS launch? Or both? What if pre-ordered product differs in color / size after the launch?
    CoolBacker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CoolBacker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 pm

squeezoid wrote:
    CoolBacker wrote:2. You want to have a clear purpose for your landing page - is it to let people know about the eventual launch of your KS campaign, or pre-order a product? Both of things together would be too much for a single page.

Hi, thank you for the answer! Which one would you suggest - pre-order or KS launch? Or both? What if pre-ordered product differs in color / size after the launch?

Any website or landing page your create for your campaign/product should have three stages:
    1. Showcase the product and collect emails in anticipation of its launch
    2. Once launched, direct visitors to your campaign page
    3. After the campaign is over, facilitate direct orders of the product in any variation (assuming campaign was successful)

Hope that helps :)
  • squeezoid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by squeezoid » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:02 am

CoolBacker wrote:Hope that helps :)

Definitely, thank you! Do you think it does make sense to make a pre- pre-order page? ;) I mean a page that collects emails with the goal to notify about pre-order start? ) This way I would be able to start KS campaign *and* pre-order at the same time, thus allowing people to either support KS campaign, or directly pre-order item. Or will everyone select to pre-order as it would involve less friction ?
    CoolBacker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CoolBacker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:58 pm

In general, I'm against pre-orders before a crowdfunding campaign. Getting people to hand over money to a startup that doesn't have the product yet is very, very difficult to do on your own. Save all the pre-ordering for Kickstarter. This will allow you to better direct your marketing efforts to one thing at a time.
  • squeezoid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by squeezoid » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm

CoolBacker wrote:In general, I'm against pre-orders before a crowdfunding campaign. Getting people to hand over money to a startup that doesn't have the product yet is very, very difficult to do on your own. Save all the pre-ordering for Kickstarter. This will allow you to better direct your marketing efforts to one thing at a time.

Thank you, you're right. Do you have any idea, how to re-use those 90% who expressed the interest by subscribing, but won't support the KS campaign?
    CoolBacker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CoolBacker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:14 pm

squeezoid wrote:Thank you, you're right. Do you have any idea, how to re-use those 90% who expressed the interest by subscribing, but won't support the KS campaign?

They might not convert within the timeframe of a campaign, but those subscribers will be there (hopefully) beyond your funding period and into direct fulfillment. That's when you can try new email campaigns that offer coupons, contests, etc. that might help convert them into customers down the road.

That said, the emails you get from KS backers will be the most useful, especially if you launch another product in the future.
  • squeezoid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by squeezoid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Does anyone know how good 76 Landing Page Views for 968 people reached (roughly 8%) is for a Facebook video campaign ? Conversion rate of the landing page totally sucks, but I'll try to fix that later
  • iftechnology
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by iftechnology » Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 am

Can anyone get a list of potential backers and just post commercial to these people?
    How to find a great balance from all the money we've spent and let all the potential backers wanted to back our project?

We are a bunch of guys who sells transparent professional in-ear monitors.
    If you are interested, please come and say hi:) :D
    Our transparent customize earphones are now on kickstarter.
    Please go and check it out, we appreciate your help and kindness. Thanks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39 ... =user_menu