Promote Before or During
    Jahan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Promote Before or During

by Jahan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:05 am

I set up a facebook page for my upcoming crowdfunding campaign in late 2012/early 2013.
    Its got nearly 2,000 likes, including around 700 from the US.
    But I still don't feel ready, because I've looked at other campaigns that succeeded, and they started out with more likes on their pages before they launched.
    I've done considerable outreach, trying to find blogs that would post about us when or after we launch, reaching out to people who might be interested, and partnering with other facebook pages, giving them exposure in return for them giving me exposure.
    I guess it depends on the product, too. If its something that might be universally appealing, maybe you don't have to work so hard to get exposure.
    But my intended product is pretty niche and specialized, so I have to work really hard to reach my audience and educate people.

• garggle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by garggle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:19 am

I would definitely start revealing and promoting your project at least one month before it launches. Promoting during the campaign is just as important, although you don't need to be as aggressive. But the biggest push should be from the beginning. Just my thought. :mrgreen:
  • LilyPadLife
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by LilyPadLife » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Reading through these posts have given me some good insight, I too am in pre launch stage. I plan to launch March 2nd which will allow me to close on the 31st.

I am up to 75 likes on FB ( www.facebook.com/LilyPadLife )
    And just launched my Twitter page two days ago. @LilypadFloat

From past experience where have you guys found your best success for pre-launch?

I will be raising 30k to cover the first shipment from over seas as well as manufacturing costs here at home. what would be a good goal to reach in reference to my pre launch audience?
  • BingeMag
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BingeMag » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Finding a few locked in backers for sure can make the campaign look solid before going out straight to the public. I think it helps build that overall question of "who are these people" "why do they want my money" and then lead them believe "O they have some folks that are backing them already".

Majority of folks react this way to products before they purchase especially when they see good reviews so I think going about it that way may help a little more.
  • johnnie smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by johnnie smith » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:47 pm

BingeMag wrote:Finding a few locked in backers for sure can make the campaign look solid before going out straight to the public. I think it helps build that overall question of "who are these people" "why do they want my money" and then lead them believe "O they have some folks that are backing them already".

Majority of folks react this way to products before they purchase especially when they see good reviews so I think going about it that way may help a little more.

TIP: offer some great discount for the first few backers. (It shows only how many backers you had, not how much they pledged)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Arrnica » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:11 am

I researched a lot before launching my project. But after launching I realized, I hadn't done as much ground work as many others do. I certainly hadn't thought of locked in backers. I was lucky to get 4 backers by my third day today, since having launched my project , 1 of whom was someone I knew, the remaining were from Kickstarter. I would really appreciate if you have any feedback on my project and can let me know of what I can improve in my campaign, other than keeping backers ready beforehand: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cl ... dia-artwor
  • piotr.gb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by piotr.gb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:52 pm

I think it is very important to prepare first backers before you start the project on Kickstarter, since the first minutes and hours seem to be pretty important for success.
  • appdev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by appdev » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks for advice.
    CraigO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CraigO » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Definitely seems like lining up some backers beforehand to build momentum and buzz is the way to go. Fail on my part. Still, doing what I can during my current campaign will help me learn to do it better next time.