Re: Our Twitter Ads results

by SkyTower » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing this!

• EvilDicey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EvilDicey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 pm

hey everyone, just to update on our facebook ads. We ran 3 different ads and here is a rough break down on what went on: -

1) Facebook page likes - 1 month ad - 113 new page likes - reach 3, 282 - cost $30

2)Website clicks (to our kickstarter page) - one week ad - 11 website clicks - reach 49,444 - cost $17.41

3)Sponsored post - 37 post impressions - reach 11,995 - cost $30,00

Unfortunately, all this equalled zero pledges but if its of any help to you, feel free to use :)
    bbd001
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by bbd001 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 am

What is your KS campaign? Can you post the link?

"2) Website click - one week ad", do you use Google AdWords? Why don't you try YouTube Video adv (also part of the Google AdWords)

How about using Reddit and PInterest?
    Hexama - pocket-sized smartphone (iPhone) stand.

KS: http://kck.st/1mbCPiE
    Home: http://Hexama.com
  • EvilDicey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EvilDicey » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:44 am

Hi, yeah sure here is link: - http://t.co/yuGQ3HSMLl

I was always curious to see how facebook ads worked which is why I tried it. I'm looking at Adsense now. Any experience with it as far as getting pledges?

We're already posting on Reddit and Tumblr, I'm on pintrest but can't say I know what I'm doing
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Pinterest is a tricky animal. It's best if you know someone who has been invited to a large board or who owns a large board. You can also request users to be invited or added to large boards on particular topics relevant to your niche (people share in updating it with interesting pictures/info).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • MarkN
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MarkN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Interesting
  • mjbarnes88
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mjbarnes88 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I wish more people would post their results!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:05 pm

@mjbarnes88 I agree! We have to encourage more creators to share those types of stats here :)
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • dlewis1212
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by dlewis1212 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 am

Hey EvilDicey!

Thanks for posting your results and the link to your campaign! I hope you reach your goal! I looked at your numbers for your Facebook ads and I am wondering how many ads did you run? I have yet to launch my KS campaign, but I do have a good amount of experience in Facebook ads.

Facebook is all about testing. You have to test different ads against each other and see what works. We are building up our "likes" right now and so far have gotten about 120 for $50 in 4 days, totally 566. I expect that number to grow to about 1200 before we launch. One promoted post I did got close to 1000 views in about seven days and I was paying 3 cents a click. I'm not saying I'm always going to have these results, but I got these results mentioned because I tested my ads like crazy and I got a hit.

With "Like" ads, you don't have to be too specific, but you do have to be targeted. Identify who your core audience is for your project and look up pages and activities that they will more than likely be interested in. Work on your headlines and your photos. Your project seems to challenge conventional thought about religion, you could create a controversial question and tell people to "click like" to find out the answer. (make sure you run an ad like that only to pages that would be receptive, like "Free Thinkers" or fans of popular book author who does something similar). You always want to tell your audience what you want them to do (.i.e. Click "like" if you love comic books/ Click "like" if you are tired of government control/ Click here to donate to my Kickstarter campaign).

While being unable to see your ads, just out of curiosity, did you tell your audience what you wanted them to do? Did you give them a reason that is of value? Also, consider using Optimized CPM instead of CPC or basic CPM. The results can be amazing!

Lastly, I'm not an expert at KS by far. I will be asking you guys for advice very soon, but your campaign video was slow to me. I'm assuming the dryness of the narrator is intentional. If so, I would add some music or something to make it pop more or shorten the length.

That's just my 3 cents. Take what you need and discard the rest :D
  • CrowdfundProductions
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CrowdfundProductions » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Every campaign is different, but here are some of our latest results for Facebook sponsored posts:
    Budget $30- 52 shares, 68 clicks, 255 likes, 6 comments.
    Budget $8- 1 share, 43 link clicks, , 2 likes, 2 comments.
    Budget $50 - 14 shares, 244 clicks, 59 likes, 7 comments.
    We've spent total $120 on the promotion.
    Besides that, we had 1,150 page fans prior to the campaign launch and posted the information in more than 20 groups ( in some of them twice).
    According to the Kickstarter dashboard, we've got 27 pledges from Facebook for approx. $1,000.