How we Raised $45,000 in One Day on Kickstarter
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How we Raised $45,000 in One Day on Kickstarter

by hyperstarter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:17 am

Well that's a nice click-bait title for you! But it's true and I thought I'd share some quick secrets on the eFOLDi Lite, the first fully managed campaign that we at Hyperstarter have been involved in.

Normally on this forum, we just comment on other people's campaigns and then move on. This time we can show exactly how we help campaign owners and offer some free advice.

I hope it helps!

So a quick rundown as to what "fully managed" means, is that from even before the prelaunch stage of marketing - we were involved in all aspects of the campaign, from the video, storyboard, target audience, imagery etc.,

Usually we leave it to guys like Funded Today, Enventys and Launchboom to do this as we prefer the "hands on" work just before a campaign launches, or when a campaign is live and needs a better marketing boost.

------------

On to the advice!

LET'S LOOK AT THE CAMPAIGN FIRST

I think the eFOLDi Lite page looks really professional (See https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ef ... ng-scooter).

This is a great starting point as the product price is unusually high, higher than the majority of rewards listed on Kickstarter...so we had to show professional imagery, videos, detailed explaination and background history of the company and product to attract potential backers.

WHERE DID THE INITIAL BACKERS COME FROM?

We prepared in advance, knowing who exactly would back us on Day 1, built up hype and set a reasonable goal based on those backers we knew who were going to buy an eFOLDi scooter.

How did we know? Because we reached out to our potential audience only 2 weeks previously, identified them and through a series of educational emails and connecting with them directly, we knew they were going to support the campaign.

I think the idea of campaign owners just launching on Kickstarter and hoping you'd get support is over! I'm not even sure it existed or maybe years ago when cheese toasties were getting overfunded on KS!

WHAT SHOULD YOU TAKE FROM THIS?

Don't launch! You really need to know if there's demand for your product, identify groups of people, get them onboard and get them interested in what you're doing.

Only launch when you are really ready. Of course, finding an audience in 2 weeks is pretty hard as we usually speak to campaign owners who have a couple of thousand emails collected over a couple of months.

The problem is as time goes by, people forget. They forget they left their email with you and impulse feelings/wants have probably passed and they are into something else.

DON'T RELY ON FACEBOOK

Being based in Asia, Facebook doesn't work for us so we learnt to market without it. Find your potential backers in other ways. Hang out where they hang out, offer "hands on" demonstrations of your product. If they like it, get their email address and make a friend.

COLLECTING EMAILS...GREAT SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?

Collecting emails is great. Whether it's through leads on social media or a landing page, it shows that people are interested. However, just because you've got an email it doesn't make them a backer.

Instead you need to get in touch with them, gauge their interest and ultimately find out why they want their product and how it can help them. If you're sending out newsletters, tailor make them based on who you're contacting but also change them according to hearing what these potential backers want from your product.

I personally say this all the time that "as a campaign owner, you've spent so much time on your product and focusing on the details that you didn't get fresh eyes looking over what you're doing and finding out if they want it".

eFOLDi Lite is quite a hard campaign to promote as the pricing point is so high + the target audience is quite old and not really online. If it was around the $300 to $500 area, we would sell a lot more units.

Feel free to get in touch!

I hope this helps anyone reading this.

Here's the campaign link for eFOLDi Lite if interested

Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about