How to Write an Engaging Crowdfunding Story
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How to Write an Engaging Crowdfunding Story

by therriaultk » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Having a compelling and relatable story is one thing that will encourage people who see your campaign to actually back it. In many cases this is done really well, whether the creator has an interesting story and is a skilled writer or they paid someone to put together their story in an appealing way for them. Those are the campaigns where I watch the video, want to read more, and before I know it I’m at the bottom of the page and impressed at the hard work they have clearly put into presenting their idea.

On the flip side many campaigns do not communicate their stories so well. Every once in a while I come across projects where I watch their video and read some of the page (either because it is too long or poorly written) and still find myself confused about what it is the creators are trying to do. Another example is projects where the creator is clearly only trying to sell a product or doing it purely out of self-interest.

Launching a crowdfunding campaign out of self-interest isn’t a bad thing. In fact, that is a big part of why most people do it – to further their careers or passion projects, for attention, or monetary gain. Still, backers are usually interested in what crowdfunding projects will do for them and creators are often excited about the effects that their campaigns will have on their backers. That is the spirit that you need to communicate to your audience. A large part of crowdfunding’s popularity is based on the fact that it goes both ways.

For the full post check out CrowdfundingPR!
    http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/write-eng ... ing-story/

Feel free to leave any questions or comments below!

Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com