when and where to submit (release) a press release?
  • sayheylo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

when and where to submit (release) a press release?

by sayheylo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 am

I heard that it`s better to submit a press release when you`re near to your campaign ending..

of course I`m talking about a crowdfunding campaign Press Release..

but I don`t understand and in fact "know" how the press releases work and for what they are "good" and when to submit them exactly.. before the campaign? on the same day of launch? or when..

also, for example, I see campaigns like RITOT,
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rito ... /x/5837367
    many people are talking about that it`s not possible to make it in reality
    still, they have interviews and many news on many many technology news sites, big big sites
    and in fact what they have on their campaign page is, almost everything is AGAINST what I learned from the trusted crowdfunding resources.
    How they do this? How so many, but plenty of people visit their campaign page and STILL back them up even when they have no real people in their video, when they have not a fixed schedule or not enough information and when they have only some photoshopped staged images of the product?
    I mean they must have done a big big promotion to have ten thousands of maybe hundred thousands of visitors to their website but when I look at facebook shares or tweets about their page I see very low numbers. So maybe they released a very good press release and many people came from news resources or the blogs or magazines.. I don`t know how but I would like to know..

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: when and where to submit (release) a press release?

by sbriggman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 am

Well, submitting a press release is one way to get a journalist's attention. The issue with doing it too close to the end is that you might not get written about until your campaign is over. If you are okay with that and just want the PR for your company, then I'd say that's okay. Otherwise, be conscious that it usually takes time for a journalist to put together a story.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • sayheylo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sayheylo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:48 am

Thank you! that information really helped. Now we`re working on Coolest Clock and its press release should be released just on the launching day I guess
  • gregdbowen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gregdbowen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:02 pm

I have never launched a crowdfunding campaign, but I have been pretty heavily involved with the startup community. What I have seen, and try to do myself is court journalists on Twitter - or working the program as they say - they will get to know you if you have funny and informative tweets and will be receptive when you approach them. They are all on there. 2 cents :)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:31 pm

@greg - good tips!
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.