Weird Kickbooster tracking, scam?
  • Nyte
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Weird Kickbooster tracking, scam?

by Nyte » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi,

My campaign is setup with Kickbooster.me and I have a few people that created booster links. One booster link in particular has somehow managed to bring in tons of pledges and clicks but I can't seem to find where they posted their link (anywhere on the web).

So I did a test, I got a friend to pledge $1 to my campaign using my own computer and not clicking on that booster link. Lo and behold, a few minutes later, I see that Kickbooster.me registered that pledge through that booster link.

So now I'm wondering if I'm being taken advantage with this specific booster link somehow. Because it brought in tons of pledges, I am on the hook for a few thousand dollars if the campaign succeeds but I'm not sure if that was all due to the boosted link or not. Seems highly suspicious.

FYI, the boosted link is from someone at www.bestofkickstarter.com. They seem to have a "newsletter" but no mention of where to sign up.

Stephen

nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Weird Kickbooster tracking, scam?

by nomlinz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Stephen - that seems very odd. It might be a glitch on Kickbooster side? One thing I do know for certain is that their support team is very quick to respond. I'd recommend to reach out to them immediately so you can best take advantage of their affiliate program and the 22 days you have left. Head to the chat here: https://intercom.help/kickbooster/en/

Also, congrats on the launch of String of Pisces! I had to dig a bit to find it, I'd recommend updating your signature here on Kickstarterforum to best direct people to your new campaign!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • Nyte
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Weird Kickbooster tracking, scam?

by Nyte » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks, it must have been some weird cookies issue.

I've updated my signature here!