Some beginner questions about crowdfunding
  • Petrolius
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Some beginner questions about crowdfunding

by Petrolius » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello to everyone,

i am from Greece and i plan to create my first crowdfunding project soon. I am totally beginner, i have made my first research about crowdfunding, but i have some questions.

Here they are:

1)Kickstarter is aimed to projects from USA, Canada, UK. But i see some projects from countries like Bulgaria (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vi ... =discovery), Germany (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... =discovery), France (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... o?ref=city), Poland, etc. So can we create projects from all over the world and if not how these projects appear to Kickstarter?

2)I am a bit confused about the rewards theme. Initially i was thinking it would be something simple, but now i realise that perhaps it is the most tricky and complicated part of the whole crowdfunding campaign and it needs huge attention from the creator of the campaign.

For example, suppose i want to create a campaign for a travel to Paris. I say that for the 20$ donation, the reward will be a mug/t-shirt,etc, from a Parisian collectibles shop. If i have for example 100 donators, i will have to buy 100 mugs/t-shirts from Paris, package them and bring them to Greece.....? It is impossible. How i will fulfill this ?

The same goes for every rewards level for every non-profit campaign.

Could you give me guys some useful advices, on how to create, pricing and fulfill my rewards?

Which is the best minimum number of rewards levels? Three, five, ten? Do i have to include the shipping costs to each reward, or i have to mark below my reward description, that the shipping costs will have to be payed by the donator?

Thank you, and sorry for my english.

• Peter.and.John
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Some beginner questions about crowdfunding

by Peter.and.John » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 pm

I can help you out with the rewards a little, although I'm not sure about launching campaigns from other countries.

It's best to keep your lower level donations at immaterial rewards, or rewards that you can provide because they're closely tied to your project.

Are you planning to start a campaign to fund a trip to Paris? If so, you're going to need a *reason* that you're going to Paris - are you writing a travel guide? Putting together a book of high-quality photos? Planning to renovate apartments for starving artists?

For example, I'm managing a Kickstarter for a film, and all of our rewards have to do with content we're producing anyway. Posters, DVDs, extra roles, set visits, content access, etc. Fulfilling the rewards on time and in full will be enough of a job, but the difficulty can be lessened by maintaining a list of who will get what as you're in the campaign, and making sure you set rewards as things you'll enjoy fulfilling and be able to do easily.

If you have more questions, let 'em roll!
  • Petrolius
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Petrolius » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Peter.and.John wrote:It's best to keep your lower level donations at immaterial rewards, or rewards that you can provide because they're closely tied to your project.

Peter.and.John wrote: Fulfilling the rewards on time and in full will be enough of a job, but the difficulty can be lessened by maintaining a list of who will get what as you're in the campaign, and making sure you set rewards as things you'll enjoy fulfilling and be able to do easily.

These are really two good advices !

Thank you.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:37 pm

So can we create projects from all over the world and if not how these projects appear to Kickstarter?

Who can create a project on Kickstarter?

Creating projects is currently open to creators over the age of 18 and based in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the Netherlands (see full details). Businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations can also use Kickstarter to fund their creative projects.

More information: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines#
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.