Q: What Does a Crowdfunding Platform Provide?
  • Skystar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Q: What Does a Crowdfunding Platform Provide?

by Skystar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am

A:

1. WYSIWYG pitch page

2. Payment processing

3. Analytics (and those are most likely Google.

I can't think of anything else, unless it's Kickstarter or IndieGoGo which charges the same and includes name recognition, credibility, reputation, customer service and track record.

I wonder why the heck no independent platform provides marketing and promotion with their campaigns? That would get _every_ project leader's attention. There are a few that say they do, but mostly boiler-plate.

• p90xsmalls
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Q: What Does a Crowdfunding Platform Provide?

by p90xsmalls » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:56 pm

I had to state the obvious to you, but you look alot more like a real company on a crowdfunding platform -- otherwise you look like a huge scam asking people to give you money upfront with the promise of sending them a product in several months.

Plus, you can't get a credit card processor to work with you. For that you have to ship product right away. Bitcoin would work for payments, but then with that you run the risk of lacking trust.
  • Skystar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Q: What Does a Crowdfunding Platform Provide?

by Skystar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 pm

'you look alot more like a real company'

Wrong

'look like a huge scam'

Wrong

'asking people to give you money upfront with the promise of sending them a product in several months.'

Wrong. People don't 'give me money' - backers pledge to get involved with the progress of a unique product that is delivered later.