Pre-Launch?
  • row-a
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Pre-Launch?

by row-a » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I am new here and also new to the world of Kickstarter.com. I am launching an apparel line and need some advice.

My question has to do with the pre-launch. As I understand it, it's a good idea to create buzz via PR, social media outlets, local news outlets, etc. BEFORE I start the official Kickstarter campaign. Am I correct in this understanding?

So do I send folks to my website where the goal is to get folks to enter their contact information (email addresses) so that I can follow up with them, keep them updated as we get closer to launch date (of the Kickstarter campaign)?

Thanks!

Raymond

P.S. For those who are interested in philanthropy, 20% of all profits from this company will go to charity - we have 3 partnerships created thus far.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Pre-Launch?

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Yes, I would focus the pre-launch on building up your email list and social media following.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • cleanissoap
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Pre-Launch?

by cleanissoap » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:47 pm

We are launching our Kickstarter campaign tomorrow (April 14th) and have been working on building buzz for a while now. The process isn't an exact science. I think we could have done more to build that audience by being more active with posts. That being said, I didn't have a lot to say at the time and wanted to save a lot of pics/vids for after the launch.

One thing that could be advantageous is the creation of a blog that documents your work in the build up to your launch. Wish we would have done that, might have made for an interesting story.

Best of success with your campaign!

Matt Kline

Erecotr Director
    cleanissoap.com
    @cleanissoap