Launching a new dessert campaign
  • ourlilbakery
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Launching a new dessert campaign

by ourlilbakery » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:51 am

My wife and I started our own home bakery business in hopes to aid charities which help military members and charities which help community members during the holidays. We were recently approved to launch our campaign and we were hoping to get some feedback as to how our campaign is set up and if there should be some tweaks before we launch. We would be grateful for any assistance anyone can give as well as possible sources of food bloggers and other places that might help to spread awareness to our project. Our link is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/116 ... n=2a80de80. Thank you in advance for any advice given.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Launching a new dessert campaign

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 am

Hey guys. There was another food campaign on the forum and I agree with the advice given (basically to focus on people who have tasted the food, or people that you can get to sample it, which usually means local community): hi-i-m-laurel-a-former-pussycat-doll-turned-raw-food-chef-t1176.html

With regards to food bloggers, I compiled this list a month or so ago, so I'm not sure if all the links still work, but check out: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/crowdfund ... ckstarter/

There is a food section in the above link.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ourlilbakery
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ourlilbakery » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Thank you for the reply Sal, we will certainly look into spreading the word to our local community. I have had many people sample our desserts who absolutely love it so I will be asking them if they would like to leave comments on how the desserts taste on our campaign page. I think that might help us reach people who aren't sure about backing something they've never tried. We will also try to get a hold of those food bloggers as well as ones in our town. Thank you for your resources!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Great idea! You could also film people trying your desserts for the reaction, but that might be a little more work.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.