Kickstarter video
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Kickstarter video

by herc2014 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:45 am

Hi, right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to go with my video.
    Ive seen so many explainer videos and all sorts, I'm thinking to go with the personal angle where i will show myself talking a little ,and then some clips of the project idea , which is a game. whats the best thing to talk about more . Me and my background or focus on the game , to keep them engaged the best way and to connect with it. Thanks H

ConnectionDeck

Re: Kickstarter video

by ConnectionDeck » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:11 am

This probably sounds like a dodge, but I think you want to talk about both. You definitely want them to feel like they're excited about what the end product is going to be - they want to feel they're going to get their money's worth. But you also want them to connect with you, and feel like you're someone whose passion they love (and probably relate to), and who they want to see succeed.

My hunch would be that more time on the end product is good, but in a way that makes it clear how totally stoked you are about your project and why it's going to be the best thing ever, and that shows a bit of your character.

Think about who your game is aimed at, and who your campaign is aimed at, and then think about what's going to excite those people and motivate them to pledge and to share the word.
    Our Kickstarter Campaign: http://bit.ly/CDForumSig
    Connection Deck - A unique resource for children and the parents, educators, and caregivers who love them.
    http://www.connectiondeck.com
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Kickstarter video

by herc2014 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:22 am

HI connection, well said , i think u right , i think i need to connect them to me , but talk a title more about the game , and i guess i will keep them focused on both that way too. :) Nice one