How to generate excitement about non-visual projects?
  • asmcdermott
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to generate excitement about non-visual projects?

by asmcdermott » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 pm

So I recently started a kickstarter for my YA superhero book: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64603511/supra-normal-ya-superhero-novel?ref=3oxxbr
    The first couple of days went great thanks to my network of family and social media friends getting me to 25% of my goal, but now it seems to have stalled. I've been reading up on tips to re-energize a campaign and they seem to focus on visual stuff like showing more artwork or adding some extra rewards with cool designs on them. But how do you do that with a novel? All I have is the story (and a logo, but only a rough version). I don't have any graphic design or Photoshop skills, which is why I'm raising money for the cover art. Anybody have any advice?

• CdramaBase
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to generate excitement about non-visual projects?

by CdramaBase » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 pm

This is a great question and I hope someone has tips. I'm currently experiencing a similar issue. I'm creating subtitles for YouTube videos that will be visible for free for anyone, so I don't even have a product that I can offer as a reward to backers only.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to generate excitement about non-visual projects?

by nomlinz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi!

Creating engaging graphs and art for non visual projects can be tricky.
    I would recommend creating a set of graphs from a designer to share on social media and forums. Also, mid campaign, for books, you can share the first chapter as a "trial". Some authors do this when launching their books: a video of themselves reading the first chapter.

But since you mentioned than most of your 25% funding came from family and friends, it's important to remember that you should never overlook the online communities: Facebook groups, forums, quora, etc. You have to find thte spaces where your ideal audience is and invest time to talk with this community, give your input, give valuable content. These are the people who will back your project and talk about it to other people.

Create a presence online whenever posible :)

Good luck with your next project!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook