How I realized I'd been late but I will launch my campaign
  • Prew
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How I realized I'd been late but I will launch my campaign

by Prew » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:15 pm

This is my first crowdfunding campaign I launch. Having read hundreds of tips I've realized that I'm late... late to built my own community of supporters. And now I try to do my best to chase off everything I had to do before. I was concentrated on a product (rollable waterproof jacket with special pockets for gadgets) and its producing. I thought it's the most important thing. However, besides my JacketRoll, there are not less significant things. It's PR and marketing. Now I try to reach bloggers and media resources before the campaign starts in the end of August. By the way, when is the best time to start working on promoting a campaign? I understand now that the earlier the better, but anyway... 3 months? 6 months? a year?

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How I realized I'd been late but I will launch my campai

by therriaultk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi Prew,

Congratulations on launching your first crowdfunding campaign! I think if you have no social network for your business at all, you might need a year to build one up. Generally six months is good for getting your social media going and reaching out to people before you launch. You don't want them to forget about you before that day arrives!

The good thing is you still have about a month to prepare. :) If you haven't already, I would suggest putting together a media kit with a product description, quotes, information about the how you got the idea for your invention and pictures so its easy for bloggers and the media to pick up your story and get started.

Feel free to keep us updated!

Krys
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • Prew
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Prew » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:16 am

Hi Krys,
    I've never seen such detailed information in a product description on Kickstarter. However, I suppose this is a very useful tip! Thanks! I will definitely do that. Any suggestions how to build a community of backers before a launch of campaign?
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:45 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman