How does Kickstarter view other crowdfunding platforms?
    admin
    Site Admin

How does Kickstarter view other crowdfunding platforms?

by admin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 am

"There are applications of crowdfunding outside of what Kickstarter supports (charity, etc). Our goal is not some scorched earth approach where Kickstarter must reign supreme. We're happy to see others do well, and to see new things exist whether they happened through Kickstarter or not. And we look forward to seeing more creative applications of the Kickstarter model to other industries."

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 8.28.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 8.28.34 PM.png (69.27 KiB) Viewed 527 times

Expanded Quora: http://www.quora.com/How-does-Kickstart ... -platforms
    Expanded blog post: http://8east4west.tumblr.com/post/22004 ... en-talking

• FUNGirl3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How does Kickstarter view other crowdfunding platforms?

by FUNGirl3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm

I was disappointed to have my project rejected the first time because I mentioned donating to bullying prevention organizations. maybe this is something they can approve down the road. I see how it can be perceived as manipulation or marketing approach, but some folks are really genuine and passionate about their organizations, and do want to give back. Me included.
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How does Kickstarter view other crowdfunding platforms?

by therriaultk » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 pm

FUNGirl3 wrote:I was disappointed to have my project rejected the first time because I mentioned donating to bullying prevention organizations. maybe this is something they can approve down the road. I see how it can be perceived as manipulation or marketing approach, but some folks are really genuine and passionate about their organizations, and do want to give back. Me included.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Were you able to launch your project on a different platform? I think that since other marketing principles are clearly used on Kickstarter that social responsibility and giving back should be fair game, I usually see such charity work in projects as a positive thing.
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com