Help with a small food kickstarter?
  • kealro
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Help with a small food kickstarter?

by kealro » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi guys!

I'm trying to give my donut business a kickstart. Any advice as to what I can do now? I'm in day 5... Funding is a little slow but better than nothing! My goal isn't very large, but I would appreciate some advice from other foodie start ups.

My campaign: http://kck.st/1VvafHx

Betta Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Help with a small food kickstarter?

by Betta Games » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:19 am

Hi there, My name is Zack I live in Ohio and I'd be happy to help. After viewing your project here are the conclusions I came to.
    1. You did a good job on the video... Mostly. The beginning is a little rough and hard to keep engaged. But you more than make up for it by switching it up with some fun dance moves. Also filming you baking was a great idea. Hind site being what it is. If you were to remake the video in the future for whatever reason I would do more shots of baking and where you live and you on a bike and interacting with people with a good Voice Over just like the one in the video.

2. One problem that might hurt you is that you haven't backed any other projects. Some people don't care, but those who do, care a great deal. Backing other projects shows an activeness in the community even if it's just $1.

3. I love the idea of a mobil doughnut cart

4. Your project page looks great. It's short, simple, appealing to the eye, and informative. You hit all the key elements

5. I saw you got the "Project We Love" boost and that could do great things for your project.

6. Your main problem is just awareness. Keep sharing and socializing and doing your best to sprinkle the word around....see what I did there :D

Lastly if your interested, I'm also running a campaign right now and I would love for you to take a peek at it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84 ... nav_search
    Also I'd be more than happy to do a $1 pledge for pledge (you pledge $1 to my campaign and I pledge $1 to yours) to help grow both of our projects, every little bit helps. If not that is fine too no offense will be taken.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Help with a small food kickstarter?

by hyperstarter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:12 am

Hi Alexander,

You sent your KS on two of the sites I own (was waiting your reply on Gifts & Coupons) so I'd like to give my comments.

I think the main question in my mind is Health & Safety. Perhaps you need to write about it more on the page.
    - Will you pre-cook them and have them in the cart. If so, how are you protecting them from dirt, dust and other elements
    - Will you cook them fresh on site, if so how? You're taking an oven/gas stove?

Other thoughts:
    - Do the French actually like donuts? I know there will be alot of tourists but can't see the connection between the romantic city of cultured Paris and an American made donut.

How about this idea:
    You decorate each donut with famous "Parisian Landmarks". You could have a Mona Lisa designed/decorated donut or Eiffel Tower one. Then box them in a set of 4 and then you can sell them for about 6 euros I reckon. This connects Paris to your donuts, is marketed as something unique for tourists to take away and finally can make you alot of money.
    - Is this a good idea? For the design, I think you should have a look at Chattyfeet.com for inspiration.

Hope this helps!

kealro wrote:Hi guys!

I'm trying to give my donut business a kickstart. Any advice as to what I can do now? I'm in day 5... Funding is a little slow but better than nothing! My goal isn't very large, but I would appreciate some advice from other foodie start ups.

My campaign: http://kck.st/1VvafHx
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about