Have you tried KickTraq ads?
  • onesuit
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Have you tried KickTraq ads?

by onesuit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Yes, thanks from me too! I will now start looking for relevant places to get my campaign seen.

Thanks
    Kerry
    http://kck.st/1AdvDqV

• garyelliott
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by garyelliott » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Joined this forum especially for this topic!... I have a friend that was interested in trying out the kicktraq ads for a project he is creating, but there is one reason why he isn't going to go for it: The "Visit Figures"on the Kicktraq advertising pilot page state visit figures of:

"So far today: 124432 visits
    Yesterday: 179215 visits
    Monday: 156633 visits"

Having done some research, these figures seem to be very misleading. My friend is very handy with computers and he ran a test on kicktraq using some sort of whiz program - i think it was a crawler, something like Link Sleuth, which i believe pings each page on the site. sure enough after running an extremely short test the "visit figures" had risen by a few hundred views (this test was a few seconds long) - so its more like "item requests" than actual "visits". Now, i don't want to sound negative. I love KS and i really like kicktraq, but those visit figures seem to be massively inflated by counting all of the website crawlers that look at every single page of the site on a daily basis. Who cares if the actual visit figures (as seen in google analytics) are much lower? 179,000 visits is just too unrealistic to me when i think about it. I would love to see the actual figures by way of a screenshot of their google analytics account. I wouldn't mind if it was only 5-10,000 visits per day... at least then as a potential advertiser my friend would know what he was dealing with.

I asked this directly to Kicktraq in an email, but didnt get a response so i'm not really expecting to get one here. I just wish there was more clarity so that the people who are considering advertising actually have a fair view on the actual number of visits to the site. Why would it be so hard to give a screenshot?

I do sincerely apologise if i am / my friend is wrong, but for me, it will take proof. thanks,
    Gaz.
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Interesting. Haven't tried their ads though.
  • IntrepidBags
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IntrepidBags » Sun May 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey all, just wanted to pipe in here because I thought it might be useful. I am running my technically 4th Kickstarter campaign now here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... -and-gear/

I've tried a few things for promoting my projects, very few have been worth it. However...

About 2 years ago we launched our little leather bag company on Kickstarter and I used Kicktraq for their ads. They brought in a bit over $1000 for me, so I'd say it was worth it for us.

Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 6.27.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 6.27.27 PM.png (32.89 KiB) Viewed 930 times

I didn't use them this time on my campaign and I'm now kicking myself a bit, we'll still make it probably, but it might have brought in even more initial capital which is always useful when creating new products.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Your results may (and probably will) vary. But in my experience it is one of the few advertising outlets out there that seems to be actually legit in bringing in targeted traffic.
  • tpatterson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tpatterson » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Agreed that their numbers aren't accurate. Using free web analytic tools, it looks like they get roughly 500k visitors a month, so a little under 20k per day. That's nothing to sneeze at though.
    Guroo Active - Apparel Designed by Data http://www.gurooactive.com
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:24 am

That's the thing really about "hits" it includes - scrapers, crawlers, adsense hits as well as (spam) bots.

What you need think of is:
    People go to Kicktraq to a) Promote their project b) Find out about new projects (and gather data)

If this is the target audience you are looking for, then go for it. Might I suggest taking a look at our site, which is in the niche of "gifts", so someone interested in your special product might want to back it (and give it as a gift).
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
    MotorizedMotion
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MotorizedMotion » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 am

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to have more date to help me decide whether to buy an ad.