Has anyone found Guest Blogging effective?
  • BritishBriefs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Has anyone found Guest Blogging effective?

by BritishBriefs » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi there!

I have backed over 50 kickstarter projects over the years and I strongly believe in supporting independent ventures like these. I have launched my first ever kickstarter game last week and I am trying to promote it further. I have read that guest blogging helps with that, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips on the matter?

Here is my kickstarter campaign if you wanted to check it out:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/le ... neck-blitz

Thanks!

Lewis

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Has anyone found Guest Blogging effective?

by sbriggman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Hey Lewis! Wow that's awesome. We also have a backer section on the forum if you want to mention any that you're backing in the future: discuss-projects-you-ve-backed-f27.html

I think that guest blogging is a good way to direct traffic to your website and get visitors on an email list. I would do it leading up to the launch of a project and directing the traffic to your site. When you're launched, the answer is less clear. I've seen creators do buzzfeed articles that got a lot of social shares and converted well. However, I've also see futile guest blogging attempts.

The main reason for the futile ones being that a guest blogger think they can just write a 300 word post for some blog and then say "check out my campaign." Doesn't work that way. It has to be a useful article for the blogger. Also, like all PR, just because you get on a blog doesn't mean it's going to convert into pledges. There needs to be a lot of thought about the audience of that blog and the intentions when someone clicks on the article.

For example: "X Tools I've used to simplify my traveling" -> mentioning your Kickstarter last which is a tool to make it easier to carry stuff would be better than "What I've learned from traveling to Paris."
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • BritishBriefs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has anyone found Guest Blogging effective?

by BritishBriefs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks for the advice!

I am learning a lot of things for my next kickstarter, this has been an interesting journey so far. I must be more prepared before the launch for the next one. There is still more to do on this current one, though.

Thanks again

Lewis