General Kickstarter Enquiry
  • rollerworld
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

General Kickstarter Enquiry

by rollerworld » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:28 am

Hello, I am an electonics design engineer amongst other things. I designed an outstanding high power audio power amplifier http://www.valfet.com/new.htm - I have been mentally ill with depression and I am not well enough to take this amplifier to the next stage of it's evolution which may be a redesigned chassis, a beefed up power supply, a beefed up output stage.

I will need to contract this out, or employ an electronics engineer to complete the design to my electronics specification. I will set up a limited company for this project and I am looking for £30K to bring about project fruition.

Will I need a video to promote the project on kickstarter? Is there a book that can be recommended for kickstarter protocol? I am retired and on low income, however, I am prepared to pay a qualified person £50 to put a professional kickstarter proposal together.

Thanks Anthony Johns.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: General Kickstarter Enquiry

by sbriggman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:51 pm

"Will I need a video to promote the project on kickstarter? Is there a book that can be recommended for kickstarter protocol?" - Yes, projects with videos highly outperform projects without videos (by some estimates 50-80% more likely to succeed). I've written a lot of articles on the topic of raising money on Kickstarter on CrowdCrux.com. These could be helpful. I also reviewed a book on Kickstarter here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/review-of-how- ... ckstarter/

I'll tweet out your contract offer.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: General Kickstarter Enquiry

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Roller world,
    I would definitely take Sal's advice and spend a few days on Crowdcrux.com drilling down into the archived articles. Also, you have a chance to join www.snoopcrowd.com and be a chance to join as a ground floor member. Many of us are learning as we go along qr sometimes it feels like I am that member of the Grateful Dead who taught himself slide guitar, on stage at their shows--in front of thousands of fans.

Also cast a wide net on Google. Search: how to make an awesome Kickstarter project video and just click as many links as you can!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com