Everyone in the World is Special but You - Children's Book
  • Levism84
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Everyone in the World is Special but You - Children's Book

by Levism84 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm running a Kickstarter for my children's book Everyone in the World is Special but You. Having never done this before, I'm not sure how to get people interested in supporting my project. I've sent emails to some blogger sites and I've posted links on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I have a group of a dozen or so close friends also sharing information with their circles, but I just feel like it isn't enough.

I want to do everything I can to make this Kickstarter as successful as it can be. Since I'm only about 12 hours in with 4 backers, any suggestions on how I can get off on the right foot? I don't want to be a Morgan McPhail.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1419006150/everyone-in-the-world-is-special-but-you

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Everyone in the World is Special but You - Children's Bo

by sbriggman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am

Welcome to the forum. This is the same challenge that many campaign creators deal with. In my experience, it comes down to trial and error, seeing what works, and learning as much as you can and then executing on it. Just have to keep working hard and making sure to reach at least 25-30% in the first week Here's a good place to start: Get a crash course in internet marketing: http://www.crowdcrux.com/get-a-crash-co ... resources/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Everyone in the World is Special but You - Children's Bo

by VaporStarter » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 am

Levism84 wrote:how I can get off on the right foot?

Seems like a great project!

"You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give."

- E. O. Wilson
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com