Does Anyone Answer Any Questions on This Forum?
  • tomvd
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Does Anyone Answer Any Questions on This Forum?

by tomvd » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:07 am

I have two questions. I had a bunch of them a week or two ago and only one got answered, I think. Just wondering. Thanks.

Questions:

1. I'm worried that most businesses don't even have simple Amazon accounts. We have sponsorships and vendor tables as rewards, and that's mostly what we're counting on. Do businesses really have to get employees to pledge personally and reimburse them? Then they have to send an email saying it's the company and not the individual? That's a hassle. I need to know the answers to these questions within one day. Might have to change platforms if either of these cases are true, and that has to happen well before Thursday USA Pacific Time. Thanks.

2. Do you just have to have a simple Amazon account to pledge or an Amazon Payments account? I'm kind of worried because it took me days of account shutdowns and faxing of documents to even get an Amazon Payments account. If every backer needs to go through that, then that worries me.

Thanks again.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Does Anyone Answer Any Questions on This Forum?

by sbriggman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:55 pm

1. Yes, you must have an amazon account. If you don't want to go with kickstarter, here are some alternatives: http://www.crowdcrux.com/10-best-kickst ... ernatives/

2. Simple amazon account. See: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • tomvd
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomvd » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks. The main question is: Is that going to possibly prevent some vendors and and potential sponsors from backing the project. It's ten days into the project. Hard launch is tomorrow.
  • DOG BUTTON
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DOG BUTTON » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 pm

I've noticed when I'm searching for data on here that the post count isn't always the highest on this board... but I don't think it matters.

The information that is posted here is always spot on, and a real help - I've asked two or here questions here, and every single time the info has been bang on the money :-)

(As for the question you've asked, I have no idea, but I guess that sbriggman has pointed you in the right direction!)
  • tomvd
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomvd » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I already knew that answer. The campaign is live. I know they need Amazon accounts. But that's not the question. Will this prevent businesses from becoming sponsors and vendors? That's the question. Thanks.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:56 pm

"Will this prevent businesses from becoming sponsors and vendors?"

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to give you a concrete answer to this question. It's kind of like asking "will someone buy x." You will only be able to tell from observing the behavior of your backers in real-time.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • tomvd
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomvd » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:51 pm

OK. We'll overcome that. I've been told that the hard launch today is going to be huge. Lots of people working on this.