Do Press Releases Work
  • MyLobby
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Do Press Releases Work

by MyLobby » Sat May 10, 2014 1:43 am

A press release would be nice. I'm trying to start a lobby that's for every American person- but where would I send a press release to? MSNBC, CNN or Fox news? Maybe a local TV station? But you're competing with what they make their money on, and it would have to be interesting enough for viewers to not change the channel. I plan on doing advertising when I have the money, but that's months down the road and with no money, there's no ads heh. And if I want every person in America to be a member, what's the scope of where to start?

• ahall
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ahall » Mon May 12, 2014 10:04 am

We sent out Press Releases for a former Kickstarter campaign I was part of but found that sending them out to random media & blogs isn't very successful. We had a few pick us up but the % was very small.

The most useful PR comes from people you can be introduced to. These aren't just cold contacts but come through your network and will be more willing to look through your Press Release and post it.

Looking to take better advantage of a press release on my next campaign next month! At the least it provides people a quick way to glance over what your project is about and makes it much easier for them to write about you because all of the info is there for them.
    Launching new Watch brand on Kickstarter soon!!

New concept, New materials. Ancient Inspirations.
    KJoll
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KJoll » Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 am

Hi everyone, we are brand new to Kickstarter, but one thing we have found helpful with Press Releases is through other stakeholders in the project. For example, we need to use an app platform to host our digital magazine and they are happy to cross promote as it helps them too.
    We just launched today though, so are still figuring things out!
    Katie Joll - Co-Founder, This Freelancer Life
    We are a magazine by freelancers, for freelancers. We provide top
    content on tools, resources, skills and lifestyle factors for freelancers.
    Please check us out on Kickstarter!
    http://bit.ly/ThisFreelancer
  • ahall
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ahall » Tue May 13, 2014 8:38 am

Great point. Cross promotion is an awesome way to get your product in front of other Kickstarter backers who may have not come across your project yet.

How were you able to approach other project creators for cross promotion? Did you just message them through Kickstarter or were they already in your network?
    Launching new Watch brand on Kickstarter soon!!

New concept, New materials. Ancient Inspirations.
  • Ann
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ann » Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

I did use a press release company. Jury is still out because it was just sent off late yesterday. I only have 11 days to go so I am not sure if the timing will be right. Still, I am not doing the Kickstarter as a "One shot wonder" (am already an established children's author), so I figure that any press coverage is good, now or later.

Would love your comments on my project as this is my first time doing a Kickstarter (or self-publishing).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... sts/831653[/url][/url]