Can a creator cancel orders of supporters at end of campaign
  • Gracie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Can a creator cancel orders of supporters at end of campaign

by Gracie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:53 pm

After my project is successfully funded is it possible to cancel orders of any supporters who I don't want or cannot deliver to?
    Because of restrictions on air shipping batteries I need to ship my products and rewards in bulk by land or sea to a warehouses in either U.S. and EU from where individual deliveries are dispatched. It won't be feasible to deliver just a few individual products to a country in Africa (for example). So am I allowed to go through my backer list and select orders I cannot fulfill and cancel them? I would ask supporters if they had an U.S. or EU addess as an alternative delivery destination. I do not want to exclude any countries from the start because I just don't know yet who my backers are and from where. I couldn't find any information on Kickstarter page.

RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Can a creator cancel orders of supporters at end of camp

by RFIDsecur » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 pm

That I am not sure of it seems a little unethical that you didn't (I am assuming) limit your campaign to those countries you could ship to rather than the whole world.

Shipping of batteries I am assuming you are talking Lithuim type batteries? normal alkaline batteries wouldn't be affected I think even lithuim can be shipped potentially. Here is a UPS document from the UK I assume US would be similar that may help you.
    https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/me ... teries.pdf

One thing to note, potentially those worldwide clients get you across the line of funded, and then if you refund them you wouldn't have reached goal..

In any case you will be refunding them in full whilst KS will retain their commission from the sale so effectively you will be refunding approx. 110% of their pledge which now ends up costing you more than their pledge value..
  • Gracie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gracie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.
    I am talking about Li-Po Batteries that need to be declared as hazardous material so air shipping is not an option (with some exceptions).
    Excluding countries is a dilemma. It seems rather elitist and I would prefer another option. But I also don't want to disappoint backers. So I don't know what the right thing is in this situation.
    RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by RFIDsecur » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 pm

You are limited by shipping constraints so you should make clear you can only ship to EU or USA your backers will need to provide an address for those destinations only. It will be up to them to forward it on if they need it sent outside of these destinations.

Then if you get a backer from SA for example and they don't give a EU address then they either do so or they cancel their pledge.

Perhaps someone else can explain the mechanics of this in greater detail.