Any comment on PRWeb.com?
    Magnus
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Any comment on PRWeb.com?

by Magnus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:31 am

I'll chime in here... (since I actually used them)

I used PRWEB for my second crowdfunding project.

The reason I used them is kinda long-winded (it's interesting and you'll probably go, "ah, yeah, that makes sense giving them a try..." but I'll skip it just now due to lack of time)

Anyway, long story short...

$60 to get the press release written (oDesk)

$300 to do the press release with PRWEB.

Pretty much zero effect (I did various tracking of links and such). A couple of "auto blogs" regurgitated the article but that was about it.

A $360 "learning experience". ;)

Read: Confessions of a Serial Crowdfunder Thread.

Titanium Pen *LIVE* On Kickstarter Right Now --> Click Here.
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Spent a lot of money with them a few years ago, totally worthless, likely for the reasons stated above. Now I'm using a pr company and that, at this point, is just as worthless. Will give you an update later.
  • SoDaptor
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by SoDaptor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 am

Shuzza how did your PR company experience go?
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 am

Hi! So far, terrible. I've seen two articles, one good one in Michigan, not sure of the reach, the other a blogger site that basically has a lot of followers because she has giveaways, so cheap. At least she (the blogger!) put in though. I'm going to try to get a hold of some local media, as this company is supposed to, but I'm not seeing that happen, or this is not exciting enough. There has been so little going on here in the local news, hope I can find some traction. On the overall current KS realm, we are one of the more highly funded http://goo.gl/JVktFq so I'll try to go with that.
    I may also try facebook ads again, directed at certain groups. For yours, I'm wondering if you should be able to find someone to post on Reddit- lots of math / science geeks there that may get you seen?
  • kievdave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kievdave » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:38 am

Hmm. So a friend of a friend offered PR web to us for free. Should we take it? Reading the posts, especially from @Magnus makes me worried. My biggest fear is that Kickstarter will consider this spam or that legitimate journalists will not want to write about us after seeing this? Has anybody had these experiences?

Here's our Kickstarter if it helps: http://kck.st/1MzVMc8

We already had some good publications write about us (Guardian, Telegraph, Entrepreneur.com), but of course want more - so worried that over-saturating the net with PR will scare them off. Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks for your advice - it's my first Kickstarter.

David
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Dont! PRWeb.com?

by Shuzza » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 am

Of course they want to give it to you free now you've already been posted in three major publications and then they can claim to the newbies like me that they got that press for you.
    if somebody says "oh he was a client of mine see all these publications they were in" it's not saying they put you there but they're going to allude to it - I won't give them the time of day, sounds like you've done well on your own !
  • kievdave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kievdave » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks. I'm now trying to remember if they offered it to me before we got published in the big ones. But very sneaky if that's their plan.

Are there any PR services that are actually worth it? I'm not too good to send emails to the news sites myself, so I'd personally rather get coverage that way (plus don't really have a budget hence Kickstarter) - but the promises are so tempting.
    contentbear
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by contentbear » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 am

Has anyone used Crowdfundmafia? They seem to be in the partner section on Indiegogo...
    luisvis
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luisvis » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 am

never used it, any comments on ROi?
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:04 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman