• theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Advertise the ORDL Project

by theordl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello everyone,

We have launched our first Kickstarter project;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120 ... ing-league

We are promoting it like crazy via the sim racing forums we use, our twitter, facebook and website. How else do you suggest we could promote the project to potential backers? We only have 1 backer so far, is this usual for the amount of time that has lapsed and do you find more seem to join a project further on?

Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Kris Butterill

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Advertise the ORDL Project

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:03 pm

How much traffic have you been getting? What kind of stats do you have regarding video views?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Traffic unknown but the Kickstarter dashboard reveals 68 video views. All our current backers are from external sources, we would love to improve these figures and I have updated and revised our rewards today. Any help would be really aappreciated.

Kris
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Now up to 80 views but still no more backers. What can we do to really get this going?
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:41 pm

We have produced a new short project video, we hope you enoy it despite our hardware limitations.

Kris
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Tonight saw another round of our event against Powerhouse Racing Team.

The racing was, as usual, first class with plenty of clean driving from both teams. We hope you like what we are showing you and would love to have you support our project.

A lot of hard work and effort is put into creating this league and we are reaping the benefits with more new member joining us. We hope you see the potential as much as we do, we have plenty of plans for the future including a full racing rig complete with hardware to sell to sim racing enthusiasts.

Kris

• theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi everyone, Im a bit concerned tonight about our project. Despite exposing it through various channels we are not seeing any progress being made. I look at other projects with people being a little cheeky, essentially asking for stuff because they can and being successful in their campaign. We are working so hard and have geniune reasons for our campaign and are seemingly hitting a wall. Please help, any advice or assistance would mean the world.

Kris
    lmatute
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by lmatute » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:05 pm

TheOrddl.

Here is my feedback, please don't take my feedback the wrong way, I am being 100% honest and by any means I want to play down your efforts and the quility of your work. (please also keep in mind english is my third language and sometime I come across on the wrong way).

Ok with that said, I see a very good issue with your project and it is very confusing. after watching the video and reading the campaing over and over I am still not sure what is your goal? what are you offering, It seen like you are offering "a Game" but no copy of the game is being offer as rewards. Later you can see that you guys are talking about Grand Turismo (however I am a gamer, that may not obvious to everyone looking at your campaign). Then it seen you are offering an "event" but that is not clear (at least not to me).

One mistake that I personally make a lot and I think it is what is happening here is that because you are your peers had been involved with the project for so long, everything make sense to you, everything seen to be obvious. However to those of us that are just joining and found your project on the kickstarter website or in a blog somewhere, the details of what you are doing are not that obvious.

I believe you need to have you or someone at the video explaining 2 Important points.
    Number 1) Your background - Pretty much a short version of your "Are we any good at what we do?" section.
    2) What are you planning to do with the funds. What is the hardware that you need or are thinking on getting and how that hardware will improve the participant experience.

Additional info like, who can participate, is it just for local people, Can I for example PArticipate from Atlanta, Ga?

Buton line, is you need to connect better with your "fans", make the campaign more personal, less than a marketing pitch and more, lets just all pitch in a make this better.

Hope this help.

Leo
    LockedUSB Adapter MK2 - Smallest Charge ONLY USB Adapter Check it out http://kickstarter.lockedusb.com
    Kickstarter Project Coming on November 13th, 2014
    http://www.lockedusb.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LockedusbChargerFirewall
    Twitter @lockedusb
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you for the great advice, I certainly dont take it the wrong way and appreciate you helping. I will revise the project to make things clearer and less of a marketing pitch. I will post back when it is done to see if you would look at it again to see if it is better. I am also concered that we have not had many people visit or even comment on the project despite our advertising efforts, if you have any ideas how to reach more people then please let me know.

Kris
  • theordl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by theordl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Leo,

I have updated our story, seems a lot better now actually and makes more sense. I dont want to bore people with information they dont need but at the same time I want to explain everything that is great about what we do!

As for the video, it will be quite hard to make another, I really struggled to get the one we have put together and I have apologised and explain why it is poor in our story.

If we can reach our funding goal then we can produce really great videos and share them.

please visit our project and I welcome any more feedback you may have.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120 ... ing-league

Kris