What is your day job? What is your passion project?
    GlaciusWhite23
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by GlaciusWhite23 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:46 am

of course free wireless is possible!!!

Telsa and Edison had a debate.... Ac or Dc.... Edison won..... but did he forsee our current reality?

DC is the way forward....Glacius shows us the way - please help #bringmetolife #immortalsnowman

Everlasting snowman to be powered by Solar PV: HELP US BRING HIM TO LIFE! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ng-snowman
    Ankh3000
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ankh3000 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:41 am

By day I'm a field service tech for a heating controls company. I do on site start up and repairs on the equipment. I travel...a lot. Today I'm in Salina, KS and tomorrow I fly to Reno. Next week I'll be in Arkansas all week.

I love to travel but it's getting to be a bit much. I especially don't like eating alone and my wife doesn't like me eating with strange women.

My dream job would be one where I get to work with and travel with my wife. We are both nomads at heart. We are going on 14 yrs in April. No kids so we travel. I like building things and I like working with wood hence my current project on Kickstarter.
  • Valachio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Valachio » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 pm

My day job is being a college student. Over the years, I've grown to hate being stuck in a classroom, glued to the same seat for hours and hours.

One of my reasons for wanting to pursue entrepreneurial ventures is to avoid being stuck in a classroom environment for too long. I want to go out into the world, take risks, meet amazing people, and experience life without having to pass through college as a 'rite of passage'.
    Our Kickstarter campaign for our watch company is currently live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/va ... m-valachio
  • GreyBadgerTales
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by GreyBadgerTales » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 pm

By day I cover the childcare for my one year old and adhoc admin for mine and my husbands Financial Advice firm. By night I work three nights in a kitchen just to change things up and I seem to be a glutton for punishment!

When not doing those jobs I find the time to indulge in some illustrations and creations working towards some childrens books in a graphic novel style as a way to get them into being able to read graphic novels. They are slow going with all the above happening but they give me that little bit of sanity to zone out and delve in.
    JPWoodshop
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JPWoodshop » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:15 am

My day job is doing nothing due to being disabled. My dream project is to have a successful woodshop with a CNC machine.
    mps90
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mps90 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm a nurse but I like social media management and I'm trying to learn more about it. I discovered this passion because my husband and I have a project, our first indiegame that is a link between videogames, 3D printing and design, so I'm helping out with the social media campaign. But it's so hard to find the time to do it with a full time job! :)
  • zagham karim
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by zagham karim » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:42 pm

My job is an autjor and my project is currently on kickstarter

Town of Dudley Sixth Publishing Project
  • armageddon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by armageddon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Day Job - Designing, Producing, Selling legal tender coins and bullion made of precious metal (usually silver)

Passion Project - funnest part of my job is the designing of the coins. Trying to share the fun with coin collectors that don't normally get any involvement in what the coins are going to be. So we just started our first kickstarter (really the first kickstarter in our industry). Struggling to educate our customers on crowdfunding, but if successful we hope it will become a normal part of the industry in the future...just need the few brave souls like us to support it.
    What were doing - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ne ... nav_search
  • julianh2o
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by julianh2o » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 am

In my previous life, I was a software engineer for a small company in Silicon Valley. By the time I started work on what ended up being my first Kickstarter project, I had been at my company for a few years and while the works was fulfilling, the new-job enthusiasm was starting to fade.

Eventually, as I continued to work on the project on the side, I decided to turn it into a Kickstarter. Soon after, the combination of work being stressful, and the project being exciting drove me to take the dive and leave my day job to pursue the Kickstarter in ernest.

I launched that Kickstarter and was funded and I haven't worked for a company since (going on 2 years now). It's been a fantastic and liberating experience working for myself and if the financials work out, I'm going to keep it that way for as long as possible.
    Flickerstrip is the first consumer light strip that lets you control each pixel individually to create beautiful decorations with light.
    Coming soon to Kickstarter, learn more at: http://flickerstrip.com
  • dinnigan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dinnigan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:49 am

I own an events promotion company and have a passion project based around my experiences within it. It's an app, so doomed to fail, but something I'm very excited by should I ever get the opportunity to properly research and develop.