What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • Kangen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by Kangen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:55 pm

My day job was load and unloading delivery vehicles, until both my lungs collapsed and left me on a waiting list for surgery. My passion. Video Games Dev, Art and Music.

• Anne52Teas
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anne52Teas » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 am

My day "job" is that I'm a tea reviewer for the SororiTea Sisters tea blog http://sororiteasisters.com. I'm also the co-founder of that blog. I'm paid in tea. Otherwise, I'm a stay-at-home mom.

I'm crazy passionate about tea if the blog doesn't make that obvious! I love tea. At one point, I owned a tea company and created my own tea blends. Now I'm looking to get back into the business with my kickstarter - http://kck.st/1AaRArf - and this time, I'm going into business with my daughter. She'll be handling the business side of things, making sure the orders are going out, doing paperwork, crunching numbers and stuff like that. I'll be the mad tea artist. I think we balance each other out really well.
  • MichaelStorm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MichaelStorm » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 am

I work in construction full time and am in the beginning phases of promoting my product and building an audience. Does anyone have any more information on how to build an audience before launching?
  • richarddrake
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by richarddrake » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't have a day job at the moment. I have spent the last 4 months researching and putting together a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign to publish my book "Nirvana By Installments". For most of my life I have been a fundraiser for environmental projects that I have managed. Before that i was a record producer in the music business.

My passions are many. I love to travel, particularly in India, which is what my book is about - a 10,000 km adventure into the heart of that amazing country. Mostly what i do is to write, and have been doing for as long as i can remember. I also love photography, so there are many original photos in my book. I just launched my campaign yesterday - you can check it out here:
    http://kck.st/1CBp8xi
  • MC-Fabrications
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MC-Fabrications » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:48 pm

By day, I'm a design engineer for a connector company. As a startup, we're very lean and as our toolroom grew, I started to get into machining. I launched my first kickstarter summer of 2014 and used that to start my garage shop.

Which is my passion project, my shop. I've used my little shop to make a lot of things and i just want to keep adding more and more. though i think my wife may have something to say to that....
    JNParfums
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JNParfums » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:26 am

Psych major who loves perfume!
    I have synesthesia, which means that I smell colors and abstract concepts. All of my senses link to my sense of smell. So naturally, I go into perfumery.
    My Kickstarter is for a perfume line, which I plan on expanding even more on Etsy, and even selling in some local soap stores once I get going!
    Artisan fragrances, inspired by societies old and new. From traditional scents to avant-garde. Starting at 5 dollars, with free US shipping on some orders. Custom fragrances available.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85404619/jn-parfums
  • sreedevk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sreedevk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 am

I am running a startup Resnova Technologies Pvt. Ltd from India. We recently launched a KS project: 'Meteorite: A unique gift' on KS
  • OmnivoreInk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OmnivoreInk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm a freelance writer...as a matter of fact I write crowdfunding campaigns for other people.

But it's time I started doing crowdfunding campaigns for myself and I've got several in queue...

I self-publish my fiction for the Amazon Kindle, have a few websites, I'm trying to get as many passive income streams as possible so I can follow my desire - buying a reasonably sized RV and driving through ever state of the United States (plus flying to Hawaii!)
  • Jessiemoss
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jessiemoss » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 am

My day job is actually really fun! I am a product developer for a gifting company called NPWgifts. I look after home, party, stationery & craft!
    Here are some of my recent products i developed.
    https://www.facebook.com/mossfarm/media ... 253&type=3

My passion project is my first ever kickstarter project - a childrens illustrated book that i wrote during hours of hospital visits to my mum! Link is below
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... drens-book
  • kellyairhart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kellyairhart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:55 pm

I actually work at Disney World as a lifeguard and recreation coordinator.

My passion project is kindness.

I have a blog devoted to it, my kickstarter is for a children's book I wrote on kindness. It's what I do..lol.

I guess they kind of correlate. The magic we make at Disney is really just acts of kindness done in a magical way!