What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • hbingram
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by hbingram » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 am

I service heaters and A/c, trying to fund my board game

• tajernabil
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tajernabil » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

hi mate
    I spend my day to know new thing on the net: wordpress / photoshop ........ and I discovered kickstarter and I'm a fan
    i am french men
    I dream of having my company start up
  • christeven9958
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by christeven9958 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:21 am

During the day, I am a senior intelligence officer who is responsible for safeguarding sensitive information. I have devoted over 30 years of military and civilian service to this endeavor. I also own a company that applies similar skills to assist companies in better identifying, categorizing, classifying, using, storing, retaining, and protecting their personally identifiable information, protected health information, intellectual property, and other sensitive data. The latter is my true passion because I can assist others in operating safely in securely in cyberspace, while also protecting their sensitive data from unauthorized data leaks, data losses, or data breaches.
  • PartiQ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PartiQ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 am

I work as a project manager and web designer at a swedish digital agency. We did actually launch our dream project yesterday at Kickstarter. Our goal now is to get as many backers as possible.

Here's our Kickstarter project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... e-playlist
  • myownmonkey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by myownmonkey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:45 pm

My day job is I'm a temp, my last gig was as a fabricator/mechanics helper. that's where the whole monkey thing comes in. if your the monkey be THE monkey. I embraced it and made it a positive instead of a negative. I'm very good at what I do and soon my words carried more weight then abunch of company men when it came to my field.

My passion is to make/build things, toys and other goof off things. I've been a pre-school teacher (we made some Awesome things that they learned from), house painter, a couple of kinds of mechanics and cooks. I like to do things that are rewarding and make people happy. WIN_WIN Hurray.
    My current project is to make me my own monkey so I get to create freely.
    KS;https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/572471696/stop-rampaging-dice-with-a-folding-dice-tower
    FB;https://www.facebook.com/manglermonkey/manager/
  • rrevolution
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rrevolution » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:29 pm

My day job is as a Process Engineer and doing some Design Engineering.
    I like what I do, but I also have a passion for creating something completely new that currently does not exist in the world, and seeing it through from conception to realization.
    I am hoping I can make that happen through a Kickstarter. My Kickstarter is currently being drafted, and looking here for some advice.
    Thanks!
    Craig
  • myownmonkey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by myownmonkey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Craig,
    I don't know too much, but I'll share. what do you want to know?.
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:27 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Drew Mochrie and I am your classic Salesman! I distribute Class II medical air filtration devices so everyone can breathe a little better in the polluted times we face now and ahead of us. It is both amazing and heart-breaking. I meet people everyday that could use a device like this but they simply cant afford it. I don't set the price for these air purifiers but its a damn shame the US/CAN government isn't aiding with devices like these.

However the plus side to this job is that is allows me to continue with my passion project (which ultimately will be my day job). I am currently working on a Zelda inspired game for Android and Apple devices. I am working with one of my long time friends Erik Zorn-Wallentin. If Zelda was up and running, our eyes would be fixed to the screen until our parents yelled at us :)

We are now at the age where we can begin to make our own games -- A game that is inspired by those we played countless hours of. I can't wait to get this game out on the app market and in the hands of RPG fans.

To all other indie game devs out there --- never give up, continue on what you love no matter how many hurdles you have to jump over. I don't even care if the app makes no money (we haven't even began to think about how to make money with this game ---- CONTENT OVER REVENUE SOURCE IS KEY! Make a game you love, and the rest will follow!
  • mindy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mindy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:12 am

My day job is find ways to spread thefunding campaign to a large crowd.
    My passion project is related to technology
  • myownmonkey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by myownmonkey » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello Mindy.
    any quick tips on how to spread info to a large crowd with out a lot of cash?
    Happy Holidays.