What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • hisham02479
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by hisham02479 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:40 am

My Day Job:

Well I don't have much of a day job per se but well some friends and I got together and are working on starting up a company! Hence we have started our first kickstarter campaign! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... t-da-blank check it out!

My Passion:

Now that's hard to say. If i had to list them it would go on and on and on and on! Mostly I'd say it would be more related to technology related stuff sometimes design as well. I believe that the simple ideas are the ones that can make a difference to peoples' lives and I want to be a part of that. Either make it happen myself or support someone with that kind of idea.

• andybica
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by andybica » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey, I am a watchmaker and very passionate about watches, let's say a watch freak :)
  • theskeletonhand
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theskeletonhand » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Hey ladies and gents!

What is your day job?
    Right now I am running a small Indie Studio in Chi-town!

I actually used to run a rock climbing gym, and before that I ran the entrepreneurship center at IIT!

What is your passion project?
    Our first release is definitely my passion project. I have been working on getting our currently active Kickstarter up and running for about 3 months straight now, and on the project for a little over a year. It's something that I started just sitting around with my dad while he was sick, and now it's something that I HAVE to finish haha!

I don't know what the ettiquitte is here yet, but here is the project if you are interested! And if this isn't the place, just let me know!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/37 ... -fused-wit
  • info@cielowigle.com
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by info@cielowigle.com » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey guys
    we are a smart homes company - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... lesome-sma

we just got live today at kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... lesome-sma

Please support us!
  • TrevorL
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TrevorL » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello,

My name is Trevor and during the day I work as an academic advisor to students at a University, helping them choose courses and ensuring they complete their degree in a timely manner (the only thing worse than student debt for a degree is student debt without a degree)

My passion project at the moment is game design and I currently have an agricultural game on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... crop-cycle

I also enjoy marathon running, coffee brewing, writing, and games of all types.
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by herc2014 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:33 pm

HI Trevor, are you actually doing designs yourself or just creating project ideas.
    I work as Food and kitchen development chef and quality control manager during the day ,but my passion is to earn money from games. Finance is the thing holding me back as it takes quite a lot to have the game made properly and market it. But i believe more now since kickstarter has come my way, wether ill achieve it through kickstarter remains to be seen, few weeks ill be going live. H
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by herc2014 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Andy , watchmaker sounds cool. I used to want to buy old bits and bobs off ebay to repair. I once bought a pocket watch which had stuff missing of it etc and i realised theres a lot more to it lol
  • Immortal Impressions
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Immortal Impressions » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 am

What is your Day Job,

I work for a digital marketing company, it is a start up however we are growing rapidly. We have many big clients one of which is in affilliation with the Lighthouse group that gives back to Youth.

What is your Passiona Project.

Currently We/I am working on a project in association with an architecture company giving back to homeless youth that have been abused and are on the street.

The cause is such a good cause by some amazing people, we are looking to raise $8,000 AUD however we only have 7 days. Any help would be much help guys. Have a look at the Video and find out just how much of a good cause it is at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/435009134/help-us-create-homes-for-homeless-youth

Click the link above and help those who cant help themselves
    ConnectionDeck

by ConnectionDeck » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:33 am

Great questions and it's delightful to see the range of answers here!

I like to take a "Beowulf" approach to these sort of questions - lay it all on the table, and don't let humility get in the way of expressing what you're passionate about. After all, how can you connect with others with similar interests if they don't know what you do?

I enjoy having a pretty varied work-life based on my passions, so:

- I'm lead programmer for a company that makes an educational video game used in classrooms to teach civics.

- I'm the founder of a facilitation collective that does facilitation, community building, conflict resolution and workshops (we just finished teaching our first course at a university on "Aging Well in Community")

- I'm on the board of two non-profits, the Group Pattern Language Project and the Canadian Cohousing Network

- I do freelance programming when someone tempts me with an interesting project, and am just beginning to work on a couple of mobile projects.

But hands down my best job is being the Dad of two of the best little guys on the planet!

And that brings me to my passion - helping people individually and collectively grow to their potential. I'm psyched about our kickstarter project because it's a chance to bring a wildly cool and innovative tool forward that is mainly geared towards helping parents and children bring as much joy, fulfillment and creativity to their lives together as possible. I'm a bit of a nerd (read a TOTAL nerd) so am especially psyched to get to play with a combination of innovative approaches to this sort of resource and bring them together: Pattern Language and Card Decks :)

I'll stop there, since I can ramble about it forever.

It's exciting to join a forum filled with people taking the plunge into their own projects to make the world a better place, through each of the passions you all have expressed here!
    Our Kickstarter Campaign: http://bit.ly/CDForumSig
    Connection Deck - A unique resource for children and the parents, educators, and caregivers who love them.
    http://www.connectiondeck.com
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by herc2014 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:27 am

Nice one connection deck. Its nice to see someone so excited and inspired :) H