What is your day job? What is your passion project?
    infinitedeathdev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by infinitedeathdev » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Day Job Stay at home Dad.

Passion Project I have been working on my game The Demon Within a 1st/3rd person RPG using Cryengine. We recently went out of town and someone broke into our apartment and stole my computer. Luckily we took our laptop with us, so I can try and raise funds to get the game back on track. Feel free to check it out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58 ... mon-within

diynf
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by diynf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:33 am

Hi Selena,
    Best of wishes with your campaign. And yes, as Ben says, include your Kickstarter link so that we can check it out =]
    -Sally
  • thequest
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thequest » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 am

I am a student now, and my passion project involves cars and their design
  • ARHicks00
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ARHicks00 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm comic writer trying to get my comicbook off the ground.
    Dark Souls is an awesome and unforgettable comic, be one of the many to get your first issue of 2014 best comic.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... dark-souls
  • carolynbick
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by carolynbick » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 pm

My day job is a heartbeat away from my passion. I am a photo archivist at the Boston Globe on weekdays, and my passion is photojournalism/multimedia journalism. Fortunately, I get to freelance for Boston.com on the weekends, but, obviously, I want to be a photojournalist full-time! My ultimate goal is to become an international journalist for multiple outlets, but particularly for Nat Geo.
  • HappyFix
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by HappyFix » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Librarian by day, Happbassador by night! - Stacy Menzies, Happy Fix http://www.happyfix.com
  • Katarina
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Katarina » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 am

Hello I am Katarina. I like reading books, travel and cats...My special interests are medicine, dentistry and psychiatry. I am member of a non profit organisation for Suicide Prevention because my brother did suicide.
    I am Writing a novel based on a true story... It draws from my personal experience I had with two young men who commit suicide… and their final words before death they told to me...Book is based on personal experience what will happen if you decide to follow your heart 1 year...From Scotland to Netherlands.
    My campaign:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/foll ... /x/8429048
    Jason Strouse
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jason Strouse » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 am

I'm a high school principal, before that I was an AP English teacher for 6 years, before that I was the Jewish head coach at St. Monica Catholic High School, before that I was a stand-up comics, and before that I was a network sitcom writer. That's the job I'm trying to get back to and I think I've made the film to get me there - "Teacher of the Year" starring Keegan-Michael Key from "Key and Peele." I just wish my social media skills were as good as the movie. I want this so bad. I've been in L.A. since 1992 and never left for more than a week at a time. You know how hard that is? I've waited so long for a chance to make a movie and now I have and it's good and I'm broke and I'm just looking to get the cash I need to take the project on the road this fall to all the festivals that accepted us. I love movies. I love doing comedy. I love my wife and kids. And I love my work. That's all I've got - and it's plenty. But I'm so proud of this film and I want everyone to see it. Right now, that's my passion. Crowded theaters watching Teacher of the Year while I stand on the side, watching them watch my movie.
  • crowdjoy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crowdjoy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:36 pm

There are very impressive people on this forum creating very cool projects. Games, Books, light bulbs!

My day job?
    Currently I am a Continuous Improvement Engineer in the Food and Beverage Industry. I have been in the industry for 5 years now. I love to travel, trade stocks and options, and everything tech.

My Passion Project?
    Being a tech lover, I have used thousands of applications. I am creating one fitting between both passions of the stock market and mobile apps. EarningsPal will provide stock investors automated earnings report alerts and ease the burden of tracking earnings report dates, estimates, calendars, and competitors reports.

Kickstarter has been live 12 hours! Very exciting!

Tips to help with funding are surely welcome and other tips for using APIs are as well! This is a great forum!

Cheers!
    Automated Stock Market Earning Report mobile app! More info www.earningspal.com
    Kickstarter is Live: http://kck.st/1qXP6YO
    Check it out, share, pledge! Thank you!
  • tesstjohnson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tesstjohnson » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:30 pm

This is my day job! I started my own company right after graduating college and i spend every day trying to make my passion project become my career! Please check out my campaign - I am open to feedback, info, or shares! Thanks for the support

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... ss-johnson