What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • WeMakeGames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by WeMakeGames » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello all!

My name is Jonathan Rivera and my day job is an Operations Director at a Tampa air conditioning company. My passion project is our board game that is coming to Kickstarter October 16th, "GingerDead House".

A brief description of the game: Set in the world of Grimm’s Fairy Tales, you will battle hordes of witches, ogres, trolls, and a slew of other assorted monsters that want nothing more than the destruction of your delicious Gingerbread House! Monsters may not be the scariest foes you face, though, as you will also be playing against other people who have the same goal as you: survival! Be assured that your “friends” will do whatever they can to protect themselves not only from the horde of monsters, but from any and all of the tricks that you may use throughout the game. At the end of the game, only one player’s house will be left standing -- will it be yours?! You join Hansel, Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, The Gummy Bear Army, and more as you battle off the impending horde! Armed with Gumdrop Gatling Guns, Flaming Marshmallow Catapults, and Hare-ier Jets, you’ll be ready to fight the invading monsters and your opponents!

Right now there are really no tower defense/Plants vs Zombies style board games, so we wanted to make one in the awesome setting of Grimm's Fairy Tales. For more info you can check us out on Twitter or Facebook @wemakegamesco -- or go to our website at www.wemakegames.co.

Thanks all!

• TheGrillCanopy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheGrillCanopy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 pm

The Grill Canopy is a project created by my brother in law and myself. We were constantly looking out at our uncovered BBQ in -30 degree weather (we live in Canada, it gets pretty cold here) Our bbq cover would be left on the ground throughout our 6month long winter, then discarded year after year. We feel pretty awesome that we have taken our project this far. It's great to see our vision become reality! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ing-system
    Angela.Benedict
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Angela.Benedict » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm

My name is Angela and for my day job, I run an etsy shop where I design and make post apocalyptic, steampunk inspired clothing. I'm actually pretty fortunate because fashion design is one of my passions.

My passion project, is 'The Ramen Project'. Myself, like a lot of people found myself on the ramen diet for budget reasons. Even though I loved the stuff since childhood, finding yourself clinging to it out of necessity changes the game a bit so I got creative. In the end I learned something incredibly useful that I was able to share with others.

I want to start a video blog for ramen DIY. Basic tricks and recipes to take the college student staple--a 50¢ pack of ramen noodles and transform it into something epic with genuine nutritional content. Each tutorial will calculate the cost for each meal, clear, concise step by step instructions and where the ingredients can be found.

The recipes will be simple and extremely cost effective at under $3 and each hack will at least double the portion size of the single pack of ramen. If all goes well, my dream would be to have this evolve into a book.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/795286269/the-ramen-project
    Video blog and cookbook of my Ramen adventures featuring fun, cheap & easy hacks to transform any pack of ramen into an epic meal.
  • invinity-brendan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by invinity-brendan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm

Full Stack Developer here, who dreams about making innovative and digital entertainment that will change the world. In fact, I'm sure most of you can relate, but the simple act of taking a novel (or, more likely, complex in my case) idea and turning it into a reality gives such a sense of gratification that I'd say its a possible addiction for me at this point.

With where technology is going, the rapid rate of progression, I think the possibilities for innovative developments that breed technology with art and entertainment are becoming more and more possible. I think kickstarter has already taken a very prominent role in providing the grounds for these very ideas to take shape and I can't help but be excited and want to be a part of it.

Cheers to you all for pursuing that dream! Glad to be with like minded individuals.
  • SoDaptor
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by SoDaptor » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 am

We bring affordable hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Education to schools through workshops, after school activities, and competitions. To go along with the workshops, we create extensive lesson plans and curriculum for all grade levels.

Some of our more popular activities include rockets, robotics, bridge building competitions, and hydraulic lifting competitions.
  • FranklinTirado
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FranklinTirado » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:39 am

Thanks for asking this question. I am searching for a place where I can describe about my dream project. I have create an automatic bulb named "vocca switch light" which can help you for many reasons. Whenever you will say vocca switch light, your bulb get on or off. You do not need to go and switch off or on the light. It is the fastest method for switching light. It also works without electricity as it has a charger which charges it whole time.
    I am very happy today by completing my dream project.
    EmceeGuy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EmceeGuy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 pm

What is your day job?
    I work as an Account Manager at an Advertising Agency in New York. My Marketing experience has been very valuable in preparing for a Kickstarter campaign, and overall helps me keep up with all the latest trends and important industry changes.

What is your passion project?
    My passion project is to create a video game. I grew up playing games, and still do to this day. I have become more into TableTop gaming as of late, and play games like Settlers of Catan, Dominion, etc. I've taken my love for Tabletop games and used that as my inspiration to recreate one of my childhood favorites as a modern mobile game!
    "There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you. And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you."

Check out my Kickstarter to revive Key To The Kingdom, as a mobile app: http://kck.st/1qjcoqd

~ EmceeGuy
  • elopez
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by elopez » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 am

Currently working in a warehouse! Going to be a part time musician Here in about 3 weeks when my band is gigging on weekends again!
  • Matt76305
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Matt76305 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:23 pm

My day job is installing, repairing, etc computers and network accounts at a public school district. I actually like my job... sometimes.. but it's not making ends meet.

My passion is BBQ. I don't mean I want to spend countless days on the road competing against other great cooks.. I like to learn about it, try new things, and ...as my kick starter is for.. create new sauces.

I also want to be able to provide for my daughter the way I should be able to, not having to scrimp and pinch and dig up pennies just so she can be a kid and have fun.
  • SoDaptor
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by SoDaptor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 am

FranklinTirado wrote:Thanks for asking this question. I am searching for a place where I can describe about my dream project. I have create an automatic bulb named "vocca switch light" which can help you for many reasons. Whenever you will say vocca switch light, your bulb get on or off. You do not need to go and switch off or on the light. It is the fastest method for switching light. It also works without electricity as it has a charger which charges it whole time.
    I am very happy today by completing my dream project.

Way to go on exceeding your goal!!!!