What is your day job? What is your passion project?
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by Rougdab » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Now I work and study. For me, the priority is to finish the institute and find a high-paying job. At the moment, I work as a translator. I translate the text from English to French. I'm studying to be a philologist. I have enjoyed learning languages since I was a child. I don't have any major projects. I am currently writing a course paper on languages and how English has changed over time.

Dennis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dennis » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello everybody. This is Dennis. I just registered here to get more insights, learn from your crowdfunding experiences and get some inspiration.

I am working for the Munich-based Sports Tech Startup "Fun with Balls". What do we do? We are developing interactive sports and gaming systems to get people active - physically active. How? Actually pretty simple. We are merging technology and real sports. Using gamification we make sports more interesting for our society. Everybody loves to play. That´s why we use the power of digital games to make people move.

I am responsible for marketing. Studied sports management in Bachelor and Digital Marketing in my Masters. Sports was always part of my life. Tried almost everything out there. Wrote my bachelor thesis about Crowdfunding with focus on sports club, as a solution to raise money.

In my company, Fun with Balls we recently developed a new product: LIMBIC ACTIVE. This is our sports and gaming solutions.

Looking forward to being part of this Community.
    Xanxan
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Xanxan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Rougdab wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 pm Now I work and study. For me, the priority is to finish the institute and find a high-paying job. At the moment, I work as a translator. I translate the text from English to French. I'm studying to be a philologist. I have enjoyed learning languages since I was a child. I don't have any major projects. I am currently writing a course paper on languages and how English has changed over time.
    I had an almost similar situation. You're doing great.
    Andres Metadox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Andres Metadox » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:57 am

What is your day job?
    Lucky enough to do what I love, I am a mechanical engineer involved in structural and fluid simulation. My daily work is to check if something is going to break, if the wing of an airplane will bear a landing, etc., doing simulation analysis. Like doing a crash test of a car... but virtually, in the computer.

My background is design and simulation especially for the aerospace industry, but also some automotive and industrial, and also product development. Although I have worked in multiple small companies, I would like to focus in the future and work with start-ups bringing new and innovative physical products.

What is your passion project?
    My passion is to build new things, aka product development, for things that solve problems. Our currents project, the PHASMA, is actually one that I love and I see myself working for the next years. If our Kickstarter launches good we will be able to create a new kind of accessories for gamers.

Personally I am passionate about engineering and love to work with dynamic, enthusiastic people. So if you think we can cooperate in some way, just drop me a line ;)
    METADOX - Because playing in silence is no fun - https://metadox.pro
  • Collar-Covers
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Collar-Covers » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:43 am

My day job is/was in hospitality, during the pandemic I had extra time to focus on my Collar Covers Campaign, and creating the best versión of my product I could on a budget.
  • Falparsi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Falparsi » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:10 am

Mild-mannered database-programmer by day. High-flying novelist by night.

My passion project is a desktop application for writers.
  • azimuth
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by azimuth » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:19 am

My day job is provide audiovisual tech support for various colleges. For the past 40 years have assisted professors with technical challenges in classrooms to engineering TV shows.
    My passion is creating or enhancing technology to benefit our environment. Case in point I have a 1970 VW Bug converted to electric. So it make no noise, emissions or negative impact on the environment.
    One of my side gigs involves assisting with funerals. During the pandemic this industry has been impacted greatly. The truth is land it too scarce to keep using it to bury the deceased in southern California. So many people are turning to cremation as a more practical and affordable method. However, this too in not great for the environment. Therefore, I am intrigued by aquamation which uses water to dissolve the body rather than creating more carbon as smoke. Although Gov. Brown signed legislation to allow this process back in 2018. The state's bureaucracy has not figured out how to regulate it yet. Until then the need is still great for loved ones to carefully memorialize their loved ones. And it appears the stat will require a license Crematory manager to oversee an aquamation facility. Therefore we intend to open a crematorium to help with the overwhelming need. However this is not an inexpensive endeavor either. That is why I have come to Crowd Funding. In my research I immediately found Sal and reached out to him. Having never created a crowd funding campaign and needing to raise such a large amount of capital, I realize I need a significant amount of coaching if I am to succeed.
    John M. Snyder
    Azimuth Communications
    John M. Snyder
    Azimuth Communications
    TheBranded
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheBranded » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:32 pm

I'm a chef. Covid really showed how important, yet disposable, I am. My original plan, years ago, was to be an author and game designer. I still am those things, but until now they were just hobbies filling my house. Now... Now I see that the people who like what I do are willing to help support me to continue to do what I do.

My passion is to create entertainment for people. My skills lie in writing and world building. I used all that to create a HUGE Role Playing Game world that I've been hosting and testing for many years. So far, I'm quite please with what it has become. So much so, that I created a novel about it. I'm in the process of figuring out how to market it, or even if I should beyond my target audience. I sorta wanted it to be big, but now I'm not so sure. My core players and fans mean more to me than the money does. I think I just want to create the stories (even though I don't have the best writing abilities) that will entertain and be enjoyable to those who really like fantasy and complex tales.

So that's me :) Thank you if you read any of this
    Enter: The Branded
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... uprising-0
    Ask me about my Discord server if you want to play the game and join the community :D
  • Emma-emma
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Emma-emma » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:18 am

Here is Emma, my day job is a crowdfunding project manager, mainly responsible for the crowdfunding project. My passion project is CrowPi2, a STEM education computer based on Raspberry Pi which launched on Kickstarter June 2021, 2087 backers supported us.
  • willitrue
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by willitrue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:19 pm

I am working in the IT domain. I never thought that I will have computer careers because when I was younger, I didn't love this domain, it was boring for me. But something changed with time, I understood that there are different IT jobs and some of them need minimal skills. Now I am a project manager and I develop different types of apps with my team and it brings me a good income. Moreover, many people want to create something new and I have new projects all the time and now I am thinking to hire a new team.
    Last edited by willitrue on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.