What is your day job? What is your passion project?
    Heron_Games
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by Heron_Games » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:57 pm

I work as part time English teacher

Right now I'm working on my dream game Humans Took My Neighbors that is inspired by the classci Zombies ate my neighbors

Lone developer at heron games developing humans took my neighbors
    Kickstarter : http://kck.st/35UsVNQ
  • MrBlueCat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MrBlueCat » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:20 am

I work in the government relations office of a large energy company in DC. Lots of policy analysis and stakeholder engagement, which are two things I love.

I love the Kickstarter and the collaborative vibes of the start up community. I underestimated "the grind" a bit and an struggling to not feel like a spammer 24/7 but that is the hustle sometimes. Glad to have found a group who knows how crazy it is to put your dream project on the internet in front of all your friends, family and people you haven't talked to since high school. We are a crazy bunch but I like us :)
    Check out Snap Collar - a new fix to messy shirt collars
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sn ... nap-collar
  • MrBlueCat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MrBlueCat » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 am

ECarr1991 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:40 pm My routine work is a cardiac care nurse because I like to perform all the duties of this profession and take care of people - patients of a wonderful clinic where I have been working for 12 years. Once I saw this article on one of the forums In it I was able to learn a lot more information which was very useful to me and this article motivated me to work more productively because nurses save people and their lives
    Very cool - thanks for your work during the pandemic! I'm sure it wasn't easy doing two jobs, let alone one that could make you sick at any point.
    Check out Snap Collar - a new fix to messy shirt collars
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sn ... nap-collar
    sentisina
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sentisina » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 am

Hello!
    I am working in the marketing department of a design company. 50% of the time for Amazon and the other 50% for crowdfunding. My passion project are boosting the Amazons sales and launch the crowdfunding successfully, get more support from our customer.
    sentisina design

Paper-Folding Desktop Set Kickstarter Page! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... n=8f7e7a26
  • STEMSPY
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by STEMSPY » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm

I am a teacher and owner of the MobileQuest STEM Center in Cranston RI. The STEM center is my passion project but with Covid we are shifting our focus until consumer behavior changes with the launch of our edutainment product. :arrow:
  • DmitriyL
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DmitriyL » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi!
    My day job is head of IT at software company. It is good place to make your skills growing.
    Also have background in programming, PR and Agile methodic.

What about a passion project... for a long time we are working on decentralised smart home system and already have devices works in customers houses.
    It is real challenge to make such system and when i get positive feedback from users it's make me happy.
  • Parm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Parm » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:44 pm

I am the head of talent acquisition for a large pension fund. I love my job, it gives me so much exposure to some of the most technical minds in the world! Brilliant people, a brilliant purpose. But I love to tinker, right now its a physical mute button that works with the OS to control your microphone!.

But I also love doing 3d printing work, microcontrollers, software, woodworking, laser cutting! Serverside software is also a hobby!
  • Sterly
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Sterly » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:49 am

I am mostly working in the stock market. As it is always online, the Covid pandemic didn't affect me much as work but in social life.
    I am passionate about helping the situation and doing something that can improve people's life.

Now I am working on a UVC disinfecting device that needs to be far better than the existing ones as many of them are quite flaw.
    EvanBourne
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EvanBourne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:33 am

I'm an electrician. Working for a small company here in Chicago. Nice to meet you all
  • comicartist365
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by comicartist365 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:35 pm

My day job is being a driver, my goal is to become a comic book artist.