What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • DabsterEnt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by DabsterEnt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:00 pm

What is your day job?
    UX designer/front end developer for Federal Govt.

What is your passion project?
    Have a moderately successful game launch from my indie company.

• simonlyons
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by simonlyons » Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Day Job
    My day job is running my design company which creates household products to solve everyday problems.

Passion
    Running my company is my passion too, but if I had to choose something else it would be cooking. I'm a huge foodie and love trying new food whilst travelling, then trying to recreate my favourites at home.
    4 x Creator and Backer.
    Geco Hub - adaptable storage for everyday things - is 450% funded and live now - https://bit.ly/2zYPZid
  • TonyAux
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TonyAux » Fri May 08, 2020 2:20 pm

I was a life coach but closed up my practice officially last year. The site is still up but will be taken down soon. In 2018 I co-founded a technological and educational coaching enterprise. That’s why I’m here. I began working on something in 2012. I love self-help; it’s been around a very long time – but it doesn’t work. Most people never get out it what they had hoped. Even for those who get a lot from it, it’s only a tiny fraction of what it offered. I identified the problems of Self-Help – and I solved them. I created the first true virtual coach – for self-help.
    The Virtual Coaching Program (VCP) named Perficio is revolutionary. So much so, that the copyright lawyer incorrectly thought it was a life coaching app. Yes, he thought that because I was a life coach. Mostly though, because nothing like the VCP has ever existed before. It has eleven unique features. Then, I spent some time with him (previously it had been my company’s Technical Director) and he understood that it is an automated personal development coach, per se. I created it for one reason – to fix Self-Help. To work by itself. I invented true Self-Help Coaching. Though, I am not the ‘Self-Help Coach’, the VCP is - a computer program. If it were I, it wouldn’t be Self-Help. The VCP is not my proxy, it works all by itself.

In capitalizing this tech startup, I wanted to avoid venture capital. It was concluded that we might be able to do it for just over $150,000. Yes it would take more time but I would retain control. Good news; Auxillium hired a professional marketer. She is fantastic. Unfortunately, the capital dried up at around $100K. Auxillium needs $50K more to bring Perficio to market. The product itself is 80% done. So now, we are crowdfunding.

For six years I’ve worked on this. And I’m going to change the world. Our CF campaign starts June 1.
  • davidgc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by davidgc » Sat May 16, 2020 8:34 am

Acoustick wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:40 am Good morning!!

I work and own a small industrial design office here in Spain, in which we develope projects for clients, from the first idea into the final product.. And definetely, my passion is music and playing the guitar!
    Hi Acoustick,

I currently have a product idea (complex consumer goods product with some tech involved) and I am looking for an industrial design company, potentially a company that would take a stake of the future sales instead of requesting upfront payment for the design. Would you know any company doing this?

Thanks!
  • davidgc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by davidgc » Sat May 16, 2020 8:38 am

I am Project Manager in a fast-growing European start-up, in charge of launching new services and business projects.
    I have a dream project about creating and launching a consumer goods tech product that would have a great impact in our daily lives
    messyspace
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by messyspace » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 am

I work as an illustrator :)
    I'm an illustrator and graphic designer. Look at my art book about the simulation hypothesis! :mrgreen:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/me ... e-glitches

For more of my projects, visit my website: https://www.messyspace.uk/
  • _DinoDigital_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by _DinoDigital_ » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on this forum so be kind!

I'm from India and new to all of this. I was a lawyer stuck in a gruelling 9 to 9 job (minimum 12 hours a day!) reading one mind numbingly boring brief after the other. Not to mention the research which I think is even more boring (if that's possible!). But after 5 years plus of that lifestyle I decided to quit law. My real passion has always been games. I never actually thought of it as a career, but more as a means to relax. Though the more I came to realise that it's not just a means to relax for me, but has been a source of solace and comfort many a time. Which is why, when I quit law, I knew I wanted to do something related to gaming. But I was realistic - I knew I couldn't become a professional gamer, I'm too old and suck at all those games (especially FIFA). Plus those games were never my scene. One day a friend told me about Unity and the rest was history!

Here I am, 2 years later - I've started a small indie studio. Have collaborated with a great indie developer and we're trying to release our first game - Forgotten Fields - end of this year!

We've also started our Kickstarter project, so if you like the game do back us here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... escription
  • AlHiLex
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AlHiLex » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Day job: journalist
    Passion project: to create my own magazine
  • I_am_SD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by I_am_SD » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm

What is your day job?

Currently unemployed.

I moved from London (just before lockdown) to Dorset to take a job, which due to the pandemic hasn’t started yet. Depending on easing measures and avoidance of a 2nd spike hopefully it won’t be too far around the corner. I work in sales and marketing normally!

What is your passion project?

So I’m a bit lost. In my mind…

…so one Saturday morning, I can’t sleep. Lots of my mind. So I start putting all these thoughts onto paper - well, onto screen - and I write and I write and I write. Poem after Poem just pours out.

It was great therapy! And so I decided to try and get my poems published.

I've written one aimed at adults:

Just Stuff and Nonsense (Poems from a depressed mind)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... debut-book

And one for children:

Tigers Really Aren't That Scary!
    https://igg.me/at/steph-daisy

Random I know - but they just came to me, whether they are any good or not - time will tell. I have enjoyed it so much, I really would like to make a living out of it, if possible. Dreams, and all that....

Thanks for looking, any help or advice gratefully appreciated, and any shares anyone can give, I am always happy to reciprocate. Twitter handles @stevedixonpoet @stephdaisypoet

Thanks Steve (and Steph!)
  • VictorBurgos
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VictorBurgos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 pm

I am a game developer. I have my own studio, Burgos Games.