Welcoming Latest Backers and Wave Princess
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Leaf Princess and Wall of Weaponry Gain Momentum!

by Arrnica » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Leaf Princess gets a magic bean bowl, facial makeover and a sharpened sickle:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clearfieldshop/arrnicas-imaginarium-1-set-of-5-mixed-media-artwor

My husband told me that I needed to rework the face of the leaf princess.

So I reworked her cheeks, eyes, eyebrows and lips until my husband thought it looked good :)

She has a 2-in-1 weapon, which is a sickle on one side and an axe on the other side. I reworked the coloring and shading of the sickle side of this weapon.

I also placed a bowl of magical beans next to her :) Somehow those magical beans from "Into the Woods" have remained stuck in my head, ever since I saw the musical, and I had to incorporate them somewhere in my art :)

And so the work on the leaf princess will continue, until I feel satisfied :)

• Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Leaf Princess gets Magic Bowl,Sharp Sickle & Facial Make

by Arrnica » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Today I am feeling very encouraged. A new backer really liked the Leaf Princess and pledged a $100 for a 14"x10" Signed and Numbered Giclee Print of her, whenever she is ready. So now our project is 36% funded. Hurray!! :D
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clearfieldshop/arrnicas-imaginarium-1-set-of-5-mixed-media-artwor

Here is the current state of the Leaf Princess:

By today, I have:

- Made her floor into a mosaic one

- Sharpened most of her weapons

- Given her a Futura Mirror - A mirror that tells her about her future

- Added a Bowl of Magic Fire to her collection

- Armed her with a Poisonous Snake Wand

I am yet to complete the coloring of three of her weapons.

I may equip her with more weapons now, or I may take a break and work on a few 6x9 artworks for the rest of the backers before resuming work on the leaf princess or on the rest of the Imaginarium 1 series.

I'll go by what feels inspiring tomorrow morning :)

Below are a few more glimpses from the leaf princess:

And below is a full resolution view of a small patch of the Leaf Princess:

Hope you enjoy her updates as much as I enjoy updating her :)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Leaf Princess: Most Weapons Sharpened, New Ones Added :)

by Arrnica » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:22 am

5th 6x9 Artwork for 5th Backer & Leaf Princess with a Mask of Transformation'

Here is the 5th 6x9 artwork for the 5th backer. Its titled "Birds in the Sky":

I added a Mask of Transformation to the Leaf Princess. It is kept next to one of her knees as shown below. There is still more work left on 3 of her weapons. I may add more stuff to her collection. But I do not know for certain at present:

Below is a behind the scenes sneak peak into the development of the Mask of Transformation added today:

Below is the digital refinement to the mask:

And below is a full resolution detailed view of a patch of her mask:

If any of you or your friends would like to have any of my art in high resolution fabric print, I can arrange for yards or test swatches of up to 15 different types of fabric, comprising of life size prints of any of my artworks so far. You may use the fabric to create clothes, designer wear, bags or anything else of interest to you. I can also create stitched scarfs, or beach sarongs for you with life size prints of my art on them.

Fabric types include the likes of 100% cotton, or 100% silk, or satin or canvas or up to 11 other types of materials. Prizes start at just $50 per yard for 100% cotton fabric. If interested please leave a comment on this post with the type of fabrics you or your friends would like with my art print on them, and I will accordingly create new rewards for you to avail the same :)

Have a wonderful evening ahead :)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Leaf Princess: Most Weapons Sharpened, New Ones Added :)

by Arrnica » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 am

Thank you & Welcome New Backers; Updates to the Color & Feel of the Wall of Weaponry

Today I feel happy having two more new backers. I want to thank you and welcome you to this project :)

And now coming back to the project:

I worked on the color and look and feel of the actual wall on which, all the weaponry of the Leaf Princess hangs.

Below is the current state of progress of the look-and-feel of her wall.

And below is a zoomed in view at the coloring, shading, lighting and general feel of her wall:

Hopefully by tomorrow, I might cover the rest of her wall as well, before planning further course of work.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend :)

For all of us here in America, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the totally gripping Superbowl match!! Me and my hubby were rooting for the Seahawks. But oh well!! We feel happy the best team won :)

Make it a great week ahead all of you lovely people :)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Leaf Princess: Wall Texture Changes & Welcome Latest Bac

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Backed at the supporter tier! Keep up your great work.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Arrnica » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Thank you so much Salvador Briggman. I am feeling so good and feeling honoured receiving support from a veteran member like you, who is also the founder of this profound forum for independent creators :) Your encouraging words and support mean a lot to me :)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Arrnica » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 am

Warm Welcome to today's New Backers & Left Side of the Wall of Leaf Princess Completed :)

Hello Everybody.

Today felt like an amazing day of gratitude and honor to me. Got 2 more new backers: One of them being the founder of the likes of CrowdCrux.com, KickstarterForum.org and CrowdfundingPR.org himself. Another being a senior member from his immensely popular and active forum.

I gratefully welcome you to my project.

And now coming back to the progress on the project itself:

I was able to finish up only the left side of the Wall of Weaponry of the Leaf Princess today.

Tomorrow I'll be working on the right side :)

That's all from me for today. Have a good day everyone :)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Arrnica » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 am

Welcoming my newest backers and Progress of the Leaf Princess:

Once again I welcome my two newest backers to this project :)

Today I finished working on the look and feel of the Wall of Weaponry of the Leaf Princess

I also sharpened one of her three tools pending finishing touches. I'll work on the remaining two tomorrow.

Finally, I added a Candora Ball - Meaning "the Ball of Candor" to her collection. It helps her uncover the truth behind all masks and fallacies and prevents her from being misguided.

Have a wonderful evening ahead everyone :)
  • Arrnica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Welcoming Latest Backers and Wave Princess

by Arrnica » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 am

Welcoming Latest Backers and Wave Princess

Once again a hearty welcome to my two newest backers today.

And coming back to the project: Arrnica's Imaginarium 1.

I decided to take a short break from the Leaf Princess - the first installment in my Imaginarium 1 series.

The work on the wave princess happened in a rather unplanned manner.

I was feeling rather bored today and felt like doing something different, so I was busy trying to create a digital painting of crashing waves. Here's how it finally ended up looking like:

Next I was not sure what to do with the waves and I felt inspired to sketch another random female character. And I came up with this:

It then struck me, why not have a mermaid as the central theme behind my second installment in the Imaginarium 1 series. So I tried to change her into a mermaid:

I then wondered if I could merge my wave digital painting and my mermaid manual sketch into one mixed media digital artwork and make them work together somehow, and it resulted in this:

Next I thought that before I start merging splashing waves with the emergence of her body, may be I should color her skin, and so I began with coloring her stomach:

Since I would have to show the waves splashing starting from her knee area to upwards, I decided to color her mermaid bottoms as well and have the color of her top match with her mermaid bottoms too, before showing waves around her body:

She is still a work in progress.

I am still pretty unsure if I am really going to have her as the second main artwork in my Imaginarium 1 series. But then that's how each and every one of my artworks takes shape, "with uncertainty" :D And I ride along the roller-coaster wave of uncertainty until I feel certain and at shore :)

Its Thursday already. Surprises me how the week flies by :)

Make it a great day before your much awaited Friday everyone :)