We launched Yaksha: direct sale of single origin spices!
  • botters
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

We launched Yaksha: direct sale of single origin spices!

by botters » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:42 pm

The idea of our Startup, called Yaksha is to deliver equitably sourced & organic spices, grown by local independent farmers, directly from the farm to your doorstep!

It's our first campaign!

Who we are?
    We are Jenny and Sylvain, a Swiss couple living near Lausanne, a city situated in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. We are both graduates in tourism management and passionate about spices, cooking and travel. Thanks to our online travel video guide Lytchee, we’ve had the opportunity to discover Asia, its cuisine and its diversity in terms of spices. And we’ve used that opportunity to develop our skills and expertise in spices.

In January 2018 and February 2019, we went to Kerala in South India to find extraordinary spices. We have established two partnerships with two local farmers living in the Idukki region, who are growing 100% certified organic spices, such as black pepper, turmeric, and cardamom, with passion and dedication for their work. We also have established another partnership with a farmer in Alleppey who specializes in growing nutmeg. We are now in the process of developing our e-commerce website, which will be ready in September 2019.

Please discover bellow our campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yaksha/yaksha-single-origin-organic-spices

Have a great day!

Vilius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: We launched Yaksha: direct sale of single origin spices!

by Vilius » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 am

Hi botters,

Thanks for sharing your story! I've just check your campaign and I see 51 hours to go and you have $3,346 pledged of $15,107 goal. Looks like this won't get 100% funded.

I saw you received a "Projects We Love" badge. What effect did this have on your campaign? Were you mentioned in Kickstarter social media or newsletter?

There's one tip you could use in the future. I've interviewed one creator from Tealure who did a similar business model to yours. He worked directly with farmers from Nepal, packaged their tea and launched a Kickstarter campaign. Most of his traffic was generated from tea influencers. He reached out to them and offered a free tea sample. If influencers liked it, he asked to share Tealure project with their followers. That actually worked very well and there were influencers who actually agreed to share even without tasting the tea.

I think you could try the same strategy by approaching influencers of sourced & organic spices.
    Download a free bonus "150+ Useful Tools to Maximise Your Kickstarter Campaign" here: https://www.kickstarterbook.com/#bonus
  • Hurenwer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Hurenwer » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:12 pm

I know only one Yaksha from Genshin Impact
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:44 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman