VENOM Assault new 1-5 coopertive Board Game
  • spyglassgames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

VENOM Assault new 1-5 coopertive Board Game

by spyglassgames » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Hey all! Our Game VENOM Assault launched a few days agot on Kickstater and I wanted to share it with you. The game was created to start as a 2-5 player coopertive deck builder with dice based combat and had great reviews. When we launched it we got a lot of feedback to make the game for solo play as well so do we did!

You can check out the Kickstater where we have reviews listed along with our rulebook, I have included the cover so you can see the artwork for the game. It has been one of our biggest draws, next to our unique combo of deck building and using dice to fight the games AI.

VENOM Assault is an 80's cartoon-inspired cooperative deck building game for 1-5 players, ages 14 and up. You and your fellow tacticians will aid Freedom Squadron by recruiting the best and brightest soldiers to join your team. Your multinational force has one purpose: Defeat VENOM before they unleash havoc upon the world. You'll need to assemble the most elite personnel and vehicles before you battle the forces of evil using a unique dice-based combat system. Finally, once your decks have been assembled, you are ready to take the fight to VENOM before their sinister plan is completed!
    [url]
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... om-assault[/url]
    Attachments
    venom_assault_cover.jpg
    venom_assault_cover.jpg (136.56 KiB) Viewed 655 times

• capergames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: VENOM Assault new 1-5 coopertive Board Game

by capergames » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 pm

What inspired the game and the name of your game?
  • spyglassgames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by spyglassgames » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:07 pm

What inspired the game itself was my love of the cartoons in the 80's and to the point G.I.Joe. I loved that cartoon and the great battles between good and evil they always seemed to have and I wanted to try and recreate that feeling in a board game. I knew there was not way to make a game based on that IP so I set out to create my own universe and characters that would hold that same flavor and feeling.

As for the game name, this was the hardest thing to come up with. I wanted to call it Freedom Squadron but that name was already taken. So I had to go back the drawing board and it took me many months to come up with the name it has. It was reached because I wanted to give it name that reflected what was going on it. In this case you play Freedom Squadron fighting VENOM and VENOM is fighting the world so I ended up with VENOM Assault.

Thanks for the great question! Very few people have asked about the behind the scenes aspect like that.
  • James Nowlan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by James Nowlan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:53 pm

I've written a book that might make a good game. It's about a cannibalistic cult of celebrity stalkers going berserk in Hollywood.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:16 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman