[UPCOMING GAME] Umma Gamma
  • ardanus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

[UPCOMING GAME] Umma Gamma

by ardanus » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm currently trying to gain interest in a mobile word puzzle game I am developing called Umma Gamma!

What are your thoughts about my project? Would you be interested in backing this project if it comes out or do you feel there is something lacking to grab your attention? This is inspired by my attempts to overcome writer's block and I found that drawing something like this would help clear my focus:

Here is a concise description of the game:

Umma Gamma is a mobile puzzle game for Android and iOS with increasing levels of fun and featuring an original soundtrack.

Over 360 unique puzzles! Umma Gamma is a simple, refreshing take on the word puzzle gaming genre.

With multiple levels of beautiful, high resolution word collages, it’s up to the player to find all the words in each puzzle!

Coming soon to Kickstarter!

http://www.ummagamma.com

https://www.facebook.com/ummagamma

Thank you!

• CfDoodles
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: [UPCOMING GAME] Umma Gamma

by CfDoodles » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Do you have a working prototype of the game?

The website was beautiful and very well done. The mock ups were great. I just wanted to see how the game was actually played. That was the part missing for me. You left me wanting more. I wanted to see how the game was done.

Just my 2 cents.
  • ardanus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ardanus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:58 am

Hey!

Thanks for your interest in Umma Gamma!

Unfortunately, I don't have a working prototype of the game at the moment, but it's good that you pointed this out.

In terms of a prototype, what would you feel would qualify to maybe catch your attention more and make you decide whether you would want to play it? A video of how it's played maybe or an animation?

Thank you!
  • ardanus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ardanus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:03 am

I'm still working on the concept, and I do hope I could provide some kind of preview!

But, I'm looking for some initial support and interest, gathering input and so on in order to churn out something interesting to play!

Do you feel this might be something you might possibly support? Or is the lack of gameplay a deciding factor? If you could let me know, that would really help me out!

Thanks again!
  • CfDoodles
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CfDoodles » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:18 am

For me, it wouldnt have to be the actual game. It could be a video on how the game is played. Like does a player get a screen full of letters and they just touch them to find the words. Where does the color come into play. etc It could be just a quick 15-20 second video.
  • ardanus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ardanus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 am

Actually, I am working on a short video for the gameplay!

I hope to upload it soon! Things are going slowly, but if more people find the concept is interesting, I'll keep posting more and more updates.

For now, I uploaded a short GIF of how the initial gameplay will look like. For now, the game is still in the early stages of being developed.

If you are interested, I can send you an email update when I have a short video available? Let me know! Thank you!

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:25 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman