Tommy Gun Dolls Graphic Novel on Kickstarter
    dcooneyart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Tommy Gun Dolls Graphic Novel on Kickstarter

by dcooneyart » Wed May 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello everyone,

Great to be here!

This is Daniel Cooney, I'm an art teacher for comics by day and a comic book artist/writer. I've been writing and drawing comics since 1997.

Five days in, I'm 52% funded with 111 backers.

The Tommy Gun Dolls graphic novel Here's the premise: A cross-dressing grifter leads a gang of bawdy burlesque girls to
    avenge the murder of their friend in the Jazz Age of prohibition.

From San Francisco’s dark underworld of seductive speakeasies to the bootlegging empire that rules the back-streets, up to the Nob Hill mansions of society’s elite class, The Tommy Gun Dolls is a sordid tale in the classic Noir tradition. You’ll discover every pleasure is a sin and desperate desires are driven by temptation and corruption of the unlikeliest suspects.

I just hit 50% of my goal yesterday and pleased how it's going with virtually no PR, I've submitted one to several comics outlets and interests groups outside of comics regarding the subject matter. I'm excited, terrified and anxious of it all and any comments, tips or just a general ego boost to calm my nerves from experienced Kickstarters is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time in reading this. :D

Cheers!

Daniel Cooney
    Artist, Writer, Comics Educator
    Current Project: Tommy Gun Dolls Graphic Novel
    Burlesque Crime Thriller
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... phic-novel
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Tommy Gun Dolls Graphic Novel on Kickstarter

by Cristina » Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri May 08, 2015 2:52 am

dcooneyart wrote:I just hit 50% of my goal yesterday and pleased how it's going with virtually no PR, I've submitted one to several comics outlets and interests groups outside of comics regarding the subject matter. I'm excited, terrified and anxious of it all and any comments, tips or just a general ego boost to calm my nerves from experienced Kickstarters is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time in reading this. :D

Cheers!

1. You should have considered injecting some color into your project video, after you initially appeared in it.

2. You don't really smile in your project video. Smiles, laughter, and fun equate to positive energy.

3. Your project image has the character's face obscured by the project video play button.

4. The project image is not your best piece of visual eye candy. It should be. It's still a good image, nonetheless.

5.. Those things aside, your project page oozes with quality out of every seam. You will blow your funding goal away. It embodies a well-constructed theme. All things considered, it's a great looking project page.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • AmishShogun
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AmishShogun » Sat May 09, 2015 9:11 am

Nice